Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Torch 3 quality...

forum for kitesurfers

woodfu
Frequent Poster

Torch 3 quality...

Postby woodfu » Sun Aug 12, 2007 10:10 am

My 12m torch has blown its leading edge in exactly the same place on either side of the kite.

The first time i thought it was just something that happens... but after this afternoon i'm not convinced anymore.

The circumstances were identical and the loctaions on the kite the same. Kite fallen leading edge down, not to hard, stand up, tension the back lines to get the kite into shape and BANG goes the LE length wise on the second segment in from the outerstrut.

I've also witnesed a local guys 12 and 16 torches explode mid air giving out at one of the fifth line attachments.

Anyone else experianced anything similar with their torch 3?

Gerard79
Medium Poster
Kiting since: 0
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby Gerard79 » Mon Aug 13, 2007 10:06 am

I crashed my Torch3 in the surf. The waves were only 1m. Pulled my safety, so only the fifth was connected. With my old Torches this always was sufficient to save my kite in even larger waves. Unfortunatly, for my Torch3 this was not sufficient. To my big surprise, the LE was ripped all around starting form the 5th line attachment.

tenebaum
Medium Poster

Postby tenebaum » Mon Aug 13, 2007 1:18 pm

i'm quite surprise... i've seen the build quality on Naish's and they look good.... no doubt that the slingshots are better but i dont think the naish would explode like that.... better email naish, you might jsut get a replacement....

naishkiter10882
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2004
Local Beach: napeague, ny

Postby naishkiter10882 » Mon Aug 13, 2007 1:22 pm

wow my naish torches are fine 7 and 10meters. I had problems with two earlier ones though they were both leaking air, 8m 2006 torch and 10m 2005 torch. They only were damaged because of my selflaunching and selflanding im sure. although i have tooken both to the ocean and have had them caught in waves, i just pulled the 5th line and it was fine.

woodfu
Frequent Poster

Postby woodfu » Mon Aug 13, 2007 3:44 pm

Tenebaum my 12 is well out of warrenty unfortunately. Our local distrobutor doesn't warrent much anyway as he has to send it half way around the world for naish to take a look. I have no idea what caused the LE to go but thought it very odd that it went in the same circumstances at the same point on each side of the kite.

Reason i bothered to post this up is that i want to get another one before the 08s arrive and wanted to see if many other people had had issues.

Bagels9000
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2004
Local Beach: White sands, Napeague, anywhere eastern long island
Style: freestyle
Gear: 9m,12m Naish Torch 07', Nobile 666, mystic warrior.
Brand Affiliation: We teach for Ozone only

Postby Bagels9000 » Wed Aug 15, 2007 1:01 am

gerard...

ALWAYS release the kite completely from you when you drop it in the waves.... any tension from the waves will force the kite to break in a heartbeat.

sorry you got the news late

tautologies
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 0

Postby tautologies » Wed Aug 15, 2007 1:25 am

woodfu wrote:Tenebaum my 12 is well out of warrenty unfortunately. Our local distrobutor doesn't warrent much anyway as he has to send it half way around the world for naish to take a look. I have no idea what caused the LE to go but thought it very odd that it went in the same circumstances at the same point on each side of the kite.

Reason i bothered to post this up is that i want to get another one before the 08s arrive and wanted to see if many other people had had issues.
aloha, I have not had any problem with mine....also I though most companies just had people send in a picture, to make the process quicker..I dunno though. It might just be your dealer...

A.

saffar
Rare Poster

Postby saffar » Wed Aug 15, 2007 10:56 am

Hey dude
I have owned torch 2 8m, torch 3 10 and 12 m and now torch 4 10 and 12m.Needless to say i love the kites, but the pont at hand is i have never had any damage whatsoever on any of them as far as manufacturers faults goes.
Not even bladders and i have slammed the babies down.
PS- the new ones ROCK!! you cannot go wrong if you stay on them.

woodfu
Frequent Poster

Postby woodfu » Wed Aug 15, 2007 12:11 pm

No fear. I wont be switching kites, i think my 12 is just cursed. Went back to my boxer today..... uggh power deliverys all wrong, timing was totally screwed. I want my torch fixed ><

Return to “Kitesurfing”