Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Cabrinha CB 3 and Contra 3 bridle mod

Forum for kitesurfers
toyletbowl
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Olbrich, Governor Nelson, Tenney, Burrows and McDaniels.
Favorite Beaches: Olbrich on SW and McDaniels on a SSW.
Sheboygan when it blows hard on a NE.
Style: Waves, Twin tip and Foilboards.
Gear: Whatever is available.
Brand Affiliation: Cabrinha, Slingshot, Core, Armstrong, Axis, NP Surf, Ride engine, Mystic. www.kiteridersllc.com
Has thanked: 0

Cabrinha CB 3 and Contra 3 bridle mod

Postby toyletbowl » Thu Aug 16, 2007 9:46 pm

Klimber will post the complete instructions to modifying the CB 3 and Contra 3 in a post below.

To make things clear, the kites came with the incorrect specs and the mod will increase the turning speed and reduce bar pressure.

To be fair...I've had 3-4 sessions now on the Contra 3 17m and 14m and it does not have the mod, but the performance gains are already noticeable over the 2006 contras. So far so good, and if the mod adds to the performance, excellent. It will only be that much better.

I really don't see how anyone can fault a company for providing current and correct info for riders to get their kites up to spec. This seems to be what everyone asks for and Cabrinha is getting the info out and still people complain. Oh well.

Dealers will receive kits (at no charge) for all kites they bought to distribute to riders. When? Not sure yet. Hopefully soon.

Riders can make the mod ahead of time according to the notes posted below by klimber.

klimber...ready????

Hope this helps,

Bob
http://www.kiteridersllc.com

klimber
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Been thanked: 0

Postby klimber » Fri Aug 17, 2007 3:12 am

Lmrutledge
Medium Poster

Contra 3 17 and 14M

Postby Lmrutledge » Fri Aug 17, 2007 4:43 am

Just shorten the #5 line by 3 inches and use the last know closet to the kite. The kite is AMAZING. The 17 Flies upwind and is fast. Turns much faster and has power during the turn. Extremely stable in VERY light air. 8-11mph.

dfudgeman
Rare Poster

Postby dfudgeman » Fri Aug 17, 2007 6:40 pm

Hey bob....have u guys made this mod yet? Am curious how it flies compared to the 3 inch mod....we have no wind here, and TS Erin has killed the weekend... :(

islandbound
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Mille Lacs
Favorite Beaches: South Padre, St Lucia - 2 Elements and the Reef, Barbados, Bonaire, Keywest Flats - Smathers beach. Bonaire
Style: Freeride
Gear: Cabrinha Switchblades and Nomads. 2011-2012. Cabrinha Caliber, Custom, Plasma. Jimmy Lewis Mod3 and Super Mod, Nobile 666
Brand Affiliation: Local Minnesota shop - Cabrinha Rider

3 inch takeout

Postby islandbound » Fri Aug 17, 2007 9:46 pm

This may be a stupid question, if your taking 3 inches out of line 5. what is the best way to take out the line so you can easily reverse the mod ? Do you knot off 3 inches in the line or re tie on the wing tip 3 inches in ?

toyletbowl
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: Cabrinha, Slingshot, Core, Armstrong, Axis, NP Surf, Ride engine, Mystic. www.kiteridersllc.com

Postby toyletbowl » Fri Aug 17, 2007 10:23 pm

dfundge,

haven't tried it yet...no winds and heading out now to get line to make it myself tonight.

supposed to get some winds sunday on lake michigan. crossing my fingers.

bob

dfudgeman
Rare Poster

Re: 3 inch takeout

Postby dfudgeman » Sat Aug 18, 2007 2:25 pm

islandbound wrote:This may be a stupid question, if your taking 3 inches out of line 5. what is the best way to take out the line so you can easily reverse the mod ? Do you knot off 3 inches in the line or re tie on the wing tip 3 inches in ?
We just knotted it off...make a loop in the line, and tie a simple knot...then when you have the pulley mod from your dealer (or make it yourself), you simply un-knot the line and you're ready to go! Definately don't cut the line!

Can't wait to hear from Bob regarding the way this flies...Bob, did you do the 3 inch mod? I'd like to hear the comparison between the two...I love the way this kite loads and pops me off the water, reminds me of the black tip/nitro days...

toyletbowl
Very Frequent Poster

Postby toyletbowl » Sat Aug 18, 2007 4:27 pm

fudge,

i didn't do the 3" mod that you did, but made my own extensions to the pulley and put them on 3 kites last night.

so the pulley was about 1" from the kite originally. now...with the added line, the pulley is about 3" from the kite. can't wait to try it.

bob

Soleas
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1999
Style: BIG AIR
Gear: Epic Screamer, Flysurfer Soul
Brand Affiliation: Epickites Cyprus Rep/Rider, Kiteflex team rider

Postby Soleas » Sun Aug 19, 2007 9:31 pm

Tried it today on my 7m.

Lighter barpressure, easier to turn. This kite is mad, kiteloops are sick! Can't wait for a 30kn day

klimber
Very Frequent Poster

Postby klimber » Sun Aug 19, 2007 10:32 pm

Tried today on a 12M. Undid previous knots and added the extension to the pulley.

how it all went for me.

out of the bag: flew great as far as I could tell. did notice the furthest outside line a bit saggy didn't think much of it, too busy having fun. I did notice that to speed up the turn I needed to push out the bar a bit then crank.

with knots on lines: based on another post I shortened them with a couple of knots. still flew great but didn't have to push the bar away for the speedy turns. and having a ton of fun

Knots removed and extension added to pulley. bridle looks cleaner when flying. turns nice and quick, maybe a tad better than with the knots. I was in midrange today, maybe a difference will noticed in the higher part of the range. but.....having a ton of fun!

Return to “Kitesurfing”