Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 0
Brand Affiliation: None

Naish Helix vid.

Postby tautologies » Thu Aug 23, 2007 8:30 am

waroo12
Rare Poster

Postby waroo12 » Thu Aug 23, 2007 8:39 am

What irritates me most at this video is that they actually show the kite most of the time :wink:

I'm so used to 'kite' vids that only show the rider hanging on the bar in positions that when the shots where taken at Abu Graib they would get problems with human rights organisations :wink:

Nice vid. Looks like he is using quite short lines.

Chris

tautologies
Very Frequent Poster

Postby tautologies » Thu Aug 23, 2007 8:53 am

waroo12 wrote:What irritates me most at this video is that they actually show the kite most of the time :wink:

Nice vid. Looks like he is using quite short lines.
lol, agree....it's a good way to see how to jump and loop the helix better....the guy is sending it pretty hard compared to how you would jump an SLE.

A.

airbornkites
Rare Poster

Postby airbornkites » Thu Aug 23, 2007 9:06 am

woa i didnt realise it was that high aspect. hes on short lines so he can send it hard

tautologies
Very Frequent Poster

Postby tautologies » Thu Aug 23, 2007 9:27 am

airbornkites wrote:woa i didnt realise it was that high aspect. hes on short lines so he can send it hard
yup, but on the standard 20 meter lines I also send it pretty hard to get the most out of jumping it. I was actually surprised when experimenting on getting good air at how it liked going fast and sending it hard..while sheeting in....

amazing how fast it loops sometimes.... :-)

a.

kitesurfgrancanaria
Medium Poster
Kiting since: 1997
Gear: flysurfer

Postby kitesurfgrancanaria » Thu Aug 23, 2007 10:08 am

:!:
Last edited by kitesurfgrancanaria on Thu Feb 23, 2017 12:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tautologies
Very Frequent Poster

Postby tautologies » Thu Aug 23, 2007 10:19 am

kitesurfgrancanaria wrote:I see it has a good lift, given the wind conditions that are enjoying at the moment of the test, kind of normal, but to me it seems there's no much hangtime.
Other opinions about that?
On 20 meter lines I think the hang time is the best I've ever had on a kite. I've have only ridden the 9 to any extent (the 14 for a session). Still don't have too many hours on the kite though, but getting the best lift and hangtime...it might have to do with the really short lines or wind conditions on Maui...I also don't know what kite size it is...that said I don;t think the hangtime is that bad. I guess if he kept the kite more overhead it would hang longer...I dunno. Just speculating. Som of the kiteloops are pretty far out on the side

:o :o :o

a.

kitesurfgrancanaria
Medium Poster
Kiting since: 1997
Gear: flysurfer

Postby kitesurfgrancanaria » Thu Aug 23, 2007 10:36 am

:!:
Last edited by kitesurfgrancanaria on Thu Feb 23, 2017 12:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kakanala
Frequent Poster

Postby kakanala » Thu Aug 23, 2007 11:06 am

kitesurfgrancanaria wrote:I see it has a good lift, given the wind conditions that are enjoying at the moment of the test, kind of normal, but to me it seems there's no much hangtime.
Other opinions about that?
Well, I've got no opinion, but facts. Now I am riding Helix 12 & 9, and I flied Cabrinha SB II for 6 months before. And in the meantime I have borrowed several kites to friends. Among others, I have tested your beloved Sbows from Star kites which, by the way, are nothing but a lame copy of the SB II.

C'mon, you can make decent jumps with your Sbows while you actually FLY with the Helix.

Así que no nos vengas con cuentos, caperucita.

:bye:

ScottM
Very Frequent Poster

Postby ScottM » Thu Aug 23, 2007 11:41 am

Notice all the jumps are done C kite style where it's slung way back, I'm guessing that's the best way to jump it then? I personally like kites that jump at 12 as it feels more right imo as you're not getting pulled back when you want to go up. Must have been a small kite that? 7m or 9m? Have to say it sure looks different!! :D

Return to “Kitesurfing”