PMU Won't Like this...

forum for kitesurfers

ed257
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 0
Brand Affiliation: None

PMU Won't Like this...

Postby ed257 » Fri Sep 21, 2007 2:18 am

Flysurfer Dominates big air competition.

http://www.kiteblogs.com/component/opti ... 26/p,2436/

I can hear PMU at his keyboard now extolling the deficiencies of Ram air kites.

Ed

ps I personally fly waroos and sonics - but am open to change as technology improves.

mv
Very Frequent Poster

Postby mv » Fri Sep 21, 2007 6:17 am

PMU does not like anything. All he ever does is cut and paste the same old tired rant over and over again.

HelldogBE
Very Frequent Poster

Postby HelldogBE » Fri Sep 21, 2007 6:28 am

with all respect to Harmin but I don't see their kites making a chance to make it to PKRA or other styles of competition (wave/freestyle).
Not yet that is!!

Tom183
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Tom183 » Fri Sep 21, 2007 1:09 pm

HelldogBE wrote:with all respect to Harmin but I don't see their kites making a chance to make it to PKRA or other styles of competition (wave/freestyle).
Not yet that is!!
So you're saying the kite is the main factor in the freestyle? So why isn't everyone riding Flexifoil? That's the brand that has done the most winning. Most guys I know would say Hadlow/Dmitri/Lenten could make a paper bag look good, so I tend to believe the rider is the biggest factor in a lot of disciplines, particularly freestyle/waves.

The hangtime and speed comps are an area where the superiority of Flysurfer's designs are enough of an advantage for someone who isn't a young pro to score some points. Seriously: Armin is the one winning these comps, he's a designer...

Flysurfer doesn't have a huge stable of riders and certainly can't compete with the DOZENS of LEI companies and all of their teams and funding. You can't get someone on Hadlow's level without shelling out some $, and if you wanted someone like that in every single discipline, you would need dozens of companies shelling out lots of $$$ - that's the only real advantage LEI's have.

Brent4336
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Brent4336 » Fri Sep 21, 2007 1:13 pm

The reality is there is a lot more to a good kite than aero efficiency.

Its power, power band, handling, stability, turning, response, and a million other factors.

voodoospirit
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2007
Local Beach: alps lakes, alps mountain snowkites

Postby voodoospirit » Fri Sep 21, 2007 1:39 pm

peeps in snowkite contests land the same tricks than in kitesurf contests but with open cells foils, if they can do that, u can do it with FSer/PLs and of course with LEI..
so u would need the turning speed of LEI ( on bigger sizes) only if u want to land double or triple kiteloops or more which is dedicated to a very small amount of riders.

Return to “Kitesurfing”