TUNNING 9M REBEL-07? +++ HELP+++

forum for kitesurfers

donlocal
Rare Poster
Kiting since: 0
Brand Affiliation: None

TUNNING 9M REBEL-07? +++ HELP+++

Postby donlocal » Wed Sep 26, 2007 7:06 pm

Im having trouble with getting it right....

I ride on a slingshot 07 bar, smallest of all..with all cleats on the chicken loop.

I've added small extentions to back lines but here's the truth. On 35+ the kite works fine in the water... dont need to depower at all but on the beach.... the kite stalls...

Today 26knts average, maid a not on the front (long line) kite attachment line and it seemed to have lost some power as i had to ride with the bar low, practicaly all the way back to the chichen loop.

Any ideas of how to get this right?

Anyone riding on a slingshot bar?

anotherlocal

vasco
Very Frequent Poster

Postby vasco » Thu Sep 27, 2007 12:17 am

You have to use a Naish or North bar with the Y connection for the 5th line.

donlocal
Rare Poster

Same problemooooo!

Postby donlocal » Thu Sep 27, 2007 7:36 pm

Thanks for your reply Vasco; today was a hard day as 4mts waves rolled in on 22+knts and on my 9m i had no power. I lost all the timing and i had three good hours but soo fustrating cos i felt no power form the kite.

Why would the Y set up make such a diference? The kite comes with the Y bridle for the 5th line.... Aren't all the lines supposed to be same lengh... Today the steering was fine, turning fast-ish as i had to work the kite the entire sesion but the all he little preasure was, again at the end of the bar...

Soo anoying!

Any more ideas?

best

paulie
Frequent Poster

Postby paulie » Thu Sep 27, 2007 11:19 pm

The Y maintains the correct tension in the 5th line at all times. Rebels are sensitive to correct nose line lenght. The slingshot system is cleatable so you can get a different tension in the 5th line which is going to effect the the kites performance. It was afterall designed to run on a Y connection.

I would seriously consider getting a North bar (or Naish shift).

Return to “Kitesurfing”