forum for kitesurfers

flyaway
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 0
Brand Affiliation: None

Naish Shockbar 2006 and 2007 question

Postby flyaway » Mon Sep 24, 2007 4:11 pm

Hi!
It´s possible to remove in both 06 and 07 bar´s the pulleys and add a normal pre-line like other 1:1 sistem bars?

I never use the 2:1 sistem, love the 1:1, and use it in the 2007 kites and also in the 2006 Sw9m2.
But when use the 1:1 sistem sometimes, in the worth ocasions the pre line can get tangle in the end of the bar. Happened to me 2 times, and my SW9 was a kiteloop machine... it was a hard time :o

If you have any ideas, ou know how to do it... let me know!

Thanks in advance. :thumb:

flyaway
Frequent Poster

Postby flyaway » Wed Sep 26, 2007 9:40 am

Any ideas?
:cry:

tautologies
Very Frequent Poster

Postby tautologies » Wed Sep 26, 2007 10:19 am

If you never want to ride it 2:1 again I would say the easiest would be to mod the backlines so they attach back on themselves further down and thus minimize the probability for it happening again. I really have not had this problem so I didn't even think of it.

Apart from that, it might be possible to buy the shiftbar back line plastic thingies / holders and use them instead of the pulley...but to me it seems like a lot of work for this. I don;t know though..just thinking of ideas...

a.

cglazier
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1999
Gear: Naish, North, Ozone, MikesLab, Taaroa

Postby cglazier » Wed Sep 26, 2007 5:35 pm

flyaway
We call the short thick lines near the bar "leader lines".

If I understand you right, you are getting these tangled sometimes. Take a roll of ordinary electrical tape.

1. Wrap a few turns around the outside of each pulley wheel mechanism. Basically, just cover the pulley with tape.

2. Wrap a little around the two parts of the leader line right near the pulley. This just keeps them together.

I have been doing this kind of thing to my bars for years with yellow colored electrical tape ..partly just to identify my bars. We have a lot of Naish bars at our launch area. Electrical tape holds up very well in salt water and is very handy. While you are at it, wrap a few turns around your pump to identify it as yours.

:wink:
Chris Glazier

flyaway
Frequent Poster

Postby flyaway » Thu Sep 27, 2007 11:11 am

Thanks!
I already thought about tape the both lines together. But I went here to look if someone saw or did it any thing more professional....
But I think I will tape both lines, or stich then!

Thanks! :thumb:

Return to “Kitesurfing”