forum for kitesurfers

kitesurf-ripper
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 0
Gear: Whatever I find ;)
Brand Affiliation: None

What size Bandit?

Postby kitesurf-ripper » Wed Oct 17, 2007 3:43 pm

I am almost sure that the f.one bandit will be my kite for 2008. However I don’t know which sizes I shall buy for a 2 kite quiver. Basically I am looking for something to replace my Cabrinha Switchblade I 9 and Contra Bow 12. Where I kite is really gusty (is an inland lake) so the quiver sizing is really important. I am 79Kg, intermediate and I have two boards, a Carved Imperator 130x42 and a Skywalker Dimitri Pro 135x48. By the way with my current 2 Cabrinha kites and 2 boards I can kite from 13 till 35 knots, so I hope that with 2 bandit kites I can cover the same wind range.

Many thanks

petercccc
Medium Poster

Postby petercccc » Wed Oct 17, 2007 6:43 pm

Nine , thirteen :thumb:

pete
info@kite2high.com

bandit
Rare Poster

Postby bandit » Thu Oct 18, 2007 11:58 am

Sizes - I would really suggest the 7.5 and the 11m - the kites have sooo much bottom end... but still good range

THe 13m will give you lots of bottom end but I think with your weight the 11m will surfice - The 7.5 is really fantastic, and I think it is the best size - so much fun.

but test them first, they are a good kite.

Brent4336
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Brent4336 » Thu Oct 18, 2007 12:53 pm

What kind of low end are you getting from the 11m?.. and the 9m?

Thanks

kitesurf-ripper
Frequent Poster

Postby kitesurf-ripper » Thu Oct 18, 2007 1:41 pm

First of all many thanks to all for the responses and suggestions. I am getting rather confused with the size selection as some people are suggesting 9/13, some other 9/11 and other 7.5/11. I have tried till now the 9 and I was quite happy with it. However when the wind picked at 30-33 Knts (the wind was also cold, around 9C) I was on the limit of the kite. I found that pretty surprising as with my current kite (switchblade I 9) I am still comfortable at that kind of winds. The f.one dealer, which I asked later on, said to me that I had to move the frond line on the knot closer to the bar in order to get max depower in this strong winds conditions (probably he was right because the bar pressure was also pretty high). However can be because the kite size was too big and I should by then be on the 7.5 (However till that minute the kite was well powered with also good depower). In general I really liked the kite but that depower issue and the kite sizing issue is quite bothering me.

Bandit mate isn’t a 7.5 too small for me (I mean with other kites, specially bow like, it should be nuking in order to be on a 7)? I am also interesting on what kind of low end you are getting from the 11m. By the way how much are you weighting?

Many thanks

bandit
Rare Poster

Postby bandit » Thu Oct 18, 2007 3:07 pm

kitesurf-ripper, hello, I have to agree with you I was also under this impression (that the 7m was too small - I weigh 89kg and never ride small kites - on the FONE Tribal with surfboard I would ride the 9m Tribal2), the bandit sizes are difficult to adjust to initially; but all the kites have a much better bottom end to them, the kite I rider the most is the 7.5 m and is by far my favourite kite, I ride this kite with a 128cm twin tip when other riders are on 10m and 12 m and am still on it when they change down to smaller kite size. Very responsive kite makes you want to go hard. If you have a dealer you must try the kites out; I still think go for the 11 7.5 combo - especially if you fly 25 - 35 knots - the 7.5 is great. Now I am waiting for the 6.5 bandit :thumb: to come out !!!!!!!!!

pierre.d
Very Frequent Poster

Postby pierre.d » Thu Oct 18, 2007 6:32 pm

I know nothing about the bandit myself, but each time I was riding with Etienne Lhotte, when I was on my shockwave 9, he was using the bandit 7.5.
He is something like 70+ kg and was really jumping high. With the shockwave I was not overpowered at all.
He has all bandit sizes in his van and a decent level, I believe he
was making the right choice by using the 7.
And I am not talking about him using the 11 when I was with my Raven 16 ...

kitesurf-ripper
Frequent Poster

Postby kitesurf-ripper » Thu Oct 18, 2007 9:20 pm

pierre.d wrote:I know nothing about the bandit myself, but each time I was riding with Etienne Lhotte, when I was on my shockwave 9, he was using the bandit 7.5.
He is something like 70+ kg and was really jumping high. With the shockwave I was not overpowered at all.
He has all bandit sizes in his van and a decent level, I believe he
was making the right choice by using the 7.
And I am not talking about him using the 11 when I was with my Raven 16 ...
This is pretty interesting. Any more thoughts?

Return to “Kitesurfing”