Any Porto kiters around?

Forum for kitesurfers
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Any Porto kiters around?

Postby Ville » Tue Oct 30, 2007 9:31 am

Olá!

I´m coming to Porto next January for half a year for my studies, so I´d have some questions about the local kite scene.

First of all, is it possible to go kiting during the winter ("when the wind is shit") season? or do I have to wait until april or something?

Secondly, Ive understood that you got great spots in Porto, like Matosinhos etc? Do you think its possible to access Matosinhos for example by bus (if you live close the center)? Or is it absolutely necessary to own a car for kiting?

And finally, do you know any sites where I could try to search flats from Porto through internet?

I would really appreciate your info.. anxious for the trip!! :bye:

JRDFOX
Rare Poster

Postby JRDFOX » Tue Oct 30, 2007 12:39 pm

http://www.windguru.com/pt/index.php?go ... fhours=180

http://www.windguru.com/pt/index.php?go ... fhours=180

YOU HAD A ONE NICE SPOT IN FAO - OFIR - THIS VILLAGE IS ARROUND 20 KM THE PORTO CENTER FOR THE NORTH OR 15 KM FOR THE SOUTH YOU HAD MURTOSA. :thumb:

Suc
Medium Poster

Postby Suc » Tue Oct 30, 2007 1:16 pm

Greetings,

I advise you to post a message in http://www.kitetuga.com/kiteforum/viewforum.php?f=1

There you will find many people that can help you.

During winter kite is not vey nice in Porto / Portugal. You'll find Sw winds in Matosinhos, very near porto. You have lots of public transportation till there.
If you go there and get to know the kiter comunity you will easly find rides to Esposende, Murtosa and Viana in spring (if you're still there).

Esposende / Fão is not 20 but 40 km to the north and it's a perfect SPOT.

Murtosa is also around 30km south and it is also a very nice spot, but you don't have sea near the river. For flat water is very GOOD also.

Than you have Viana do Castelo (Praia do Cabedelo) that it one of Kitesurf Meca's of Portugal. During spring and summer it's THE SPOT.

Matosinhos is only nice with SW winds. If you have storm, you'll have Matosas Power :)

Go to kitetuga and post a message. You'll know the North kiter comunity and they will help you a lot!!! (not only KITE HAhAHHAhah)

I wish a very nice stay in Porto,

Suc.

Postby Ville » Tue Oct 30, 2007 10:43 pm

Thanx Suc and jrdfox for info!!

Im going to stay in Porto at least till June .. maybe and hopefully for the summer as well. So I really look forward to check out the spots u mentioned.

Checked already out some spots from the kitebeaches.com - It´s so hard to bhelieve how awesome spots u have..and SO NEAR BY!!! :o

Thx for advice.. I´ll post a message to kitetuga soon. Don´t mind to meet also other people than just kiters. Also planning to try out paddle surfing..
Haha, that´ll be pure comedy!! :lol:

Suc
Medium Poster

Postby Suc » Wed Oct 31, 2007 11:22 am

Yeaps...

And you also have Sacor or Praia do Aterro (it's the same), Salgueiros and some other places.

Surf or kitesurf you're comming to the right place.
You'll find awsome waves in from North to South of Portugal.

In 100km radius from Porto you'll find amazing beaches with unbelivable surfing and kitesurfing conditions.

You can check it out at wanna surf or other sites. Look for:

Surf:
Moledo, Mariana, Aterro/Sacor, Leça, Salgueiros,Espinho, Furadouro, and more.

Kitesurf:
Moledo, Cabedelo Viana, Esposende, Aterro/Sacor, Salgueiros, Furadouro, Murtosa and more...

Feel free to bug us any time :)

Regards,

Suc.

Return to “Kitesurfing”