forum for kitesurfers

RichKite
Medium Poster
Kiting since: 0
Brand Affiliation: None

Naish Cult vs Flexifoil ION2

Postby RichKite » Tue Oct 30, 2007 8:02 am

Has anybody used both of these kites?

Just about to update quiver and narrowed choice down to 2 kites. Cult I can get for 2/3rds the price of the ION2's. Flexifoil 4 line system has great reviews for the wave sailing freeride I prefer but think the CULT might be as good (newer and cheaper)
I sail quite light on power and use TT and surfboard - was using HALO kites but these fly so close to front of window that they need real flying work on waves to stop them dropping out of the sky.
ION and CULT are medium aspect but would love to hear anyone's impressions.

Thanks Richard

bkiter
Medium Poster

Postby bkiter » Tue Oct 30, 2007 10:21 am

I have the nine cult and Im really enjoying the kite, particuarly in the surf.
Have just ordered the 12, cant speak about the ion2 but I have a mate that flys them and he loves them.

The way the nine turns in the surf is very impressive , you can ride one handed all the time with your other hand in the water.Still turns nice when the kite is fully depowered.

You wont be dissapointed with the cult.

k1t3m4n14k
Rare Poster

Postby k1t3m4n14k » Tue Oct 30, 2007 1:54 pm

I think ION will be faster than Cult, I try the Cult last week and I don't think this is a fast turning kite. Thinks I like: great finish, great control bar, good depower, easy relaunch, great stability.

Matt.Woods
Rare Poster

Postby Matt.Woods » Wed Oct 31, 2007 7:17 am

Just to chuck another kite into the mix. The new Flexifoil Atom 08 is released next week.

Return to “Kitesurfing”