Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

yarga 07 SLE?

forum for kitesurfers

stevejo
Rare Poster

yarga 07 SLE?

Postby stevejo » Mon Nov 19, 2007 12:39 am

Does anyone have any opinions on this kite? I read a couple of reviews on best's forum, but i'm curious , is there any bad points about the 07 yarga?
Does it keep power in the turns? How does it fly on traditional 5 line setup?
Thanks in advance!

SS Kiter
Frequent Poster

Postby SS Kiter » Mon Nov 19, 2007 12:28 pm

It´s really hard to relauch...

alex267
Medium Poster

Postby alex267 » Mon Nov 19, 2007 6:07 pm

It´s really hard to relauch,, yes i thing is like this but if you have a 5 th line no problem i thing.
In my area they are a lot of yarga, i say that yarga is good choice.
i never try it but i say what my friends say.

InMezzoAVoi
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 0
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: yarga 07 SLE?

Postby InMezzoAVoi » Mon Nov 19, 2007 9:21 pm

stevejo wrote:Does anyone have any opinions on this kite? I read a couple of reviews on best's forum, but i'm curious , is there any bad points about the 07 yarga?
Does it keep power in the turns? How does it fly on traditional 5 line setup?
Thanks in advance!
Hi,
i have the 11m and this is my high wind kite.
75kg, i ride in the Ocean and i use it in the 17-30 Knts range/gusty wind.I had it many times with wind around 30 Kns and i had no problems...i cannot immage where is the top end of the 9m!!
First:the 5th line is only a passive line ( don't put tension on it), i have it and i use it only for relaunch...this can be tricky is you are in the SLE/4line "mode" without 5th line..so i suggest you to use a 5th line.
IMHO this is a good kite if you are in waves and wakestyle and you like to ride unhooked, it handles gusts really well.I use it 80% in SLE configuration so this kinda setup give you a nice hi-end but a lack of low-end..i need around 16-17 Knts to go upwind in this sea..nice range around 23-25...i tried 4 line too and in this setup it gains something in low end and with my surprise it conserves a good depower too.Maybe is faster in the turns.Nice.
In the turns the power is higher in 4 line...softer with sle config.
Turning speed is "normal"..i say this because i had a RRD Wave 12m and this was really a bat on drugs and it needed an higher level of attention on the bar.Yarga is soft and less nervous.
Till now i haven't had no problem...I use it with a 55cm F-One bar because i like fast turning kites ...one thing:put wax on the bridle where pulley works and you are ok!!:-)).
Resuming, if you are in waves/wake styles go for it, you can choose also many configurations of use ( you switch in 2 minutes between SLE/4 lines)...if you are in freeride and you like to ride hooked, there are other alternative out there.
Just my two cents.( I'm not a promoter ..i have just the kite virus :-)).

Bye

IMAV

Return to “Kitesurfing”