Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Upgrade in safety

forum for kitesurfers

SpaceRacer
Frequent Poster

Upgrade in safety

Postby SpaceRacer » Tue Jan 08, 2008 5:58 am

I have the 2007 Best bars and was thinking about upgrading the QR to the Cabrinha QR or the North Iron Heart. Is this doable? Has anyone done it?

Dave_5280
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 0
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby Dave_5280 » Tue Jan 08, 2008 12:20 pm

Or consider a different approach with one of the Slingshot spreader bars with a quick release hook - http://www.sskiteboarding.com/products.cfm?id=89

mojorisin
Rare Poster

Postby mojorisin » Tue Jan 08, 2008 5:16 pm

Dave has a valid suggestion and I swear by that bar! :thumb:

SpaceRacer
Frequent Poster

Postby SpaceRacer » Tue Jan 08, 2008 6:15 pm

Obviously, you can see where I am heading with this. I went down this road a couple of months ago and did end up purchasing a Slingshot Surefire and so far am pretty happy with it EXCEPT: When I ride aggressively toeside especially in the snow (because my chicken loop gets rock hard), the chicken loop pushes out the back of the SS Surfire donkey dick clip. Does this happen to you guys at all? If so, any remedy? I posted this exact question a few nights ago and when I didn't get many replies, decided to go another route (i.e. the Iron Heart). Any advice would be great. Thanks

KAWIKA
Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: Team rider for Switch don't get payed by Switch luv the kites & price

Re: Upgrade in safety

Postby KAWIKA » Wed Jan 09, 2008 3:05 am

SpaceRacer wrote:I have the 2007 Best bars and was thinking about upgrading the QR to the Cabrinha QR or the North Iron Heart. Is this doable? Has anyone done it?
how about upgrading to the 2008 Eclipse bar with new quick realease+ kill switch http://www.eclipsekites.com/kites/video ... r_2008.mov
Attachments
bar.jpg
bar.jpg (130.61 KiB) Viewed 647 times
chicken_loop.jpg
chicken_loop.jpg (27.81 KiB) Viewed 647 times

SpaceRacer
Frequent Poster

Postby SpaceRacer » Wed Jan 09, 2008 5:18 am

Cause it is similar to the Best bar, which is what I am trying to get away from. Like the Cab or North much better. Thanks though.

schmoe
Very Frequent Poster

Postby schmoe » Wed Jan 09, 2008 7:54 am

I think it will be difficult to integrate the Cabrinha release without replacing the chicken loop line and the stopper, but if you do replace them then in it probably possible. A similar system is Flexifoil, same idea, consider it as well in your short list. The cabrinha chicken loop line is covered in plastic, and at the end it is a simple rope which you can tie on the Waroo trim. You will not have a movable stopper anymore, just a punch out stopper. This is if I remember the Waroo bar correctly, I may be wrong. Make sure everything is the same length after the modification, The Cabrinha center line is a different length.

schmoe
Very Frequent Poster

Postby schmoe » Wed Jan 09, 2008 9:07 am

Dont forget the leash attachements which are different, unless you connect to the rear line.

Dave_5280
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby Dave_5280 » Wed Jan 09, 2008 1:02 pm

On the snow I went to the new Ozone harness and with the D ring attachment the loop is always held in with a biner or in depending on the kites via direct loop of the chicken in the D. There isn't a better harness for snow kiting.

I've some interest in the Slingshot bar for on the water with my Pyro harness, but I'm not convinced I really need it yet.

You raise a good point about the cold and how certain materials get stiff and function differently on the snow vs. water. That is one reason I went with different kites for snow and water.

Return to “Kitesurfing”