LF Hifi 9m²

forum for kitesurfers

NEkitesurfing
Medium Poster
Kiting since: 0
Brand Affiliation: None

LF Hifi 9m²

Postby NEkitesurfing » Sat Mar 22, 2008 6:18 pm

I'm so impressed about the performance of my 9m² Hifi from Liquid Force. Had the chance to use the kite almost two weeks around Tarifa. Although the wind was gusty and many times I could have used a smaller kite I had no problems with the 9m² Hifi from Liquid Force.
This kite is on the first sight a typical modern C-Kite but it offers a wider wind range because of some added depower. I think the depower ability comes from the longer depower throw and because the kite reacts fast and flies further forward in the wind window when a gust hits.
It is so much fun to fly the Hifi because of the direct feeling and steering. Maybe because of the profile and smaller diameter of the fronttube the kite goes even upwind very well.
When the wind is strong enough the kite can be relaunched like a bow kite, you need only pull one of the steering lines. If it is gusty or if the wind is not strong enough the fifth line does a really good job.
Looping the kite is so much fun.
To make untwisting the front lines easier I would like to have a svivel and although the color combinations and overall design is very cool I prefer personally brighter shining colors. Thanks god I never had to use the quick release but I can imagine that it is not so easy to open it in a real dangerous situation.
But all in all the Liquid Force Team did a very good job!

Return to “Kitesurfing”