Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

RRD Type9: is it good kite? Any magazine tests?

forum for kitesurfers

omg
Frequent Poster

RRD Type9: is it good kite? Any magazine tests?

Postby omg » Tue Apr 01, 2008 11:49 am

hi guys,

looking for a new quiver and RRD Type 9 looks pimp on the paper.

But how is it in the real life? Has anyone tested the kite and has any magazine tested it? Pls PM me if you have any mag. tests on it please :bye:

Thanks!

Dr_Rosen
Very Frequent Poster

Re: RRD Type9: is it good kite? Any magazine tests?

Postby Dr_Rosen » Tue Apr 01, 2008 11:55 am

T9 test on page 37 - and they love it!
http://www.theringmedia.com/PDFS/TheKit ... ry2008.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Last edited by Dr_Rosen on Sat Apr 05, 2008 5:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

j1finnn1
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 0
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby j1finnn1 » Tue Apr 01, 2008 6:11 pm

There is a british mag, I think it's called Kitesurf, that also has a review on the type 9.
Personally, I think it's a killer kite, though I am a little biased :wink: . But really. If you can, try it.

J-GAR
Medium Poster
Kiting since: 1999

Postby J-GAR » Tue Apr 01, 2008 7:12 pm

I have been riding the Type 9 in sizes 7, 9, and 12m since early October 2007 about 2 to 3 times a week. These kites are incredible. Hard to describe in words, best to try one and experience how awesome they are. I have been riding for 8 years and pretty much owned or tried most of the kites out there. These Type 9 kites excel in the waves, freestyle, and all around riding. Very smooth, super stable, excellent range and great on high and low end, fast and controllable turning, perfect bar pressure for turning and sheeting (just enough for good feedback), excellent kite loops, great unhooked, and rip in the waves.

I just rode the 7m on Sunday in the waves in winds averaging 30mph gusting to 40mph and had one of my best wave sessions ever on a directional board. I always felt in control and was able to crank out some nice turns and spray off the wave lips and fast bottom turns.

All sizes work very well. My favorite kite by far.

Definitely try one out.

chris_at
Rare Poster
Kiting since: 0

Postby chris_at » Thu Apr 17, 2008 11:29 am

bit late but I got the chance to test the 9m type9 last november in pretty gusty conditions and so far it's one of the best kites i've ever tried - if you get a good deal take it

Bowman
Medium Poster
Kiting since: 2004

Postby Bowman » Thu Apr 17, 2008 9:26 pm

I own Type 9 in 7, 9 and 12. I had recently the opportunity to try 2 days in a row the North Evo 12 , the SS Rev 13 and the LF Havoc 10. They are all really good kites with all what we can expect from these new modern shape in term of power, depower, reactivity, turning ability and easy relaunch.
But no one flies as good as the T9. These kite has all what the others have but with much more feeling and superior flying characteristics (hard to describe). :roll:

The only thing I fund better on this other kites was the bar. Especially the North Evo depower system that I gonna try to install on my RRD bar. :thumb:

Cheers :bye:

Nic

Return to “Kitesurfing”