Forum for kitesurfers
rafjaf
Medium Poster
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Naish Shift System in Suicide VS Smartloop Depower Trim End

Postby rafjaf » Mon Jun 09, 2008 3:31 pm

Hi All,
I just wanted to see what most people preferences was when unhooking and when you want to be able to relaunch more easily than when connecting only to the 5th line.
You could either ride the shift system (the old one with no stopper) in suicide mode but I also saw that you can use the smartloop Shift system and clips the leash to the trim itself so if you miss the bar, your leash actually depower the kite at the maximum.
Does any1 use 1 instead of the other and why?
Also, with the smartloop shift system, if you you let go of the bar and the leash depower fully, will it be troublesome to relaunch?
I'm also worried that the stopper on the smartloop shift system would stop the trim from depowering?
Any input would be appreciated.
Cheers

sourra
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: Slingshot Reflex 141 + Naish Torch/Cult/Momentum/Custom + Bluebottle Custom

Re: Naish Shift System in Suicide VS Smartloop Depower Trim End

Postby sourra » Mon Jun 09, 2008 5:01 pm

Salut!
If you connect the leash to the smartloop's depower strap, it will depower if you are unhooked and let go of the bar. The stopper will just go up with the bar without any effort.

rafjaf
Medium Poster

Postby rafjaf » Mon Jun 09, 2008 5:14 pm

Hi Sourra,
Thanks for that, I was a bit afraid that if the stopper was all the way up at the pulley then the trim would get blocked if I let go of the bar.
Another question since you seem to be using that system: After letting go of the bar and the trim being pulled so much, is the kite still easy to relaunch or can the lines get messy/tangled?
Thanks

sourra
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: Slingshot Reflex 141 + Naish Torch/Cult/Momentum/Custom + Bluebottle Custom

Postby sourra » Mon Jun 09, 2008 7:01 pm

According to what I hear from others, it is really easy. I haven't tried it in the heat of the moment, only under controlled conditions and that went smooth. Also, if you buy the Shift System with smartloop, you have plenty of options. (Suicice, 5th and smart).

Return to “Kitesurfing”