Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

08 Best leash safety

forum for kitesurfers

ccm9fc
Rare Poster

08 Best leash safety

Postby ccm9fc » Thu Jul 17, 2008 8:45 pm

I recently purchased a 2008 Best bar, and haven't had the conditions yet to use it. It seems to me that with the leash attached to the metal ring under the control bar all that will happen when I pull the quick release is that the kite will depower just the same as it would if I just sheeted out except that now the bar will be out of reach. So what's the point of pulling the quick release at all if it's just the same as sheeting out?

Should I instead attach the leash to the OSR or maybe to one of the OSRs on the center lines attached to the leading edge? Will that make it difficult to spin the bar over in case of a twist? Any advice is appreciated. Thanks.

mrlaroo
Medium Poster
Kiting since: 0
Local Beach: A-Bay
Favorite Beaches: Kite Beach Maui
Gear: RRD,Best, Nobile
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: 08 Best leash safety

Postby mrlaroo » Thu Jul 17, 2008 10:17 pm

When you release to the bypass ring it will give you enough depower as you need but if you flag it to the osh then it will kill the kite and most likely your session and yes it does also twist around when you are doing rotations. I use it for launch and land and everything else the center ring.

Return to “Kitesurfing”