Forum for kitesurfers
windwz
Rare Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Torontos worst kite boarder

Postby windwz » Fri Aug 01, 2008 2:31 pm

It was a fine wind day at Hamburg Beach Buffalo NY yesterday wind blowing 20 to 25 sunny warm. The local kite dudes showing up . The beach goers enjoying the sun. Then a new chubby guy shows up and starts pumping his Ocean rodeo kite . He was putting on a dry suit. I knew something was wacked, the water temps 76 and the air is 78 why is this retard putting on a dry suit we are all in shorts. I was on the water and watched from a distance as he haphazardly launched his kite. It was obvious he was not very good. He goes flying out of control and crash burn hes right in the swim zone. The one place we are not allowed to ride on a lake that is 200 miles long and fifty miles wide. I landed my kite ran down the beach called him in talked to the life guard and rescued his board. I told him "dude you need to stay up wind out of the swim zone , please just walk up the beach and ride up wind. You can do all the tricks you want and no one will care."
He looked at me with a look of I love you I do what I want, and said nothing to me. So I took his board and walked up wind with it to the spot we ride and walked away. Thinking what an ass hole. I went back to my kite and talked to his girlfriend. She said they were from Toronto and he was here to pick up a new board and was testing it out. I told her the rules to tell again and went back kiting keeping an eye on him. He went thru the swim zome again, he crashed the kite on the beach and knocked over a person. Another local kiter Matt pulled his plug and again told him stay away from the swim zone. He pumped up his kite again and gave Matt the same I love you attitude. Out he went thru the swim zone again like he was doing it on purpose. Another local rider Carl pulled his plug.
You have to know Carl he is the easiest going guy I know. But he opened up a can of all American wup ass.
"Dude you have to stay away from the swim zone this is one of the only places we can ride , your just here today gone tomorrow and you actions could ban this beach forever. If we were comming to you beach we would respect your rules. If you do it again Im cutting your lines."
again no conversation ,no Im sorry Ill stay up wind, no thanks for saving my board.
I guess he got the messaged and packed up and left.
Guys like this are bad for Kite Surfing and for the image we now have of Toronto Kite boarders.
Please I hope not all Toronto Kiters have this urban attitude bull shit. If you know this guy tell him hes not welcome at our beach. Or if your like him stay away.

Bryden
Medium Poster

Re: Torontos worst kite boarder

Postby Bryden » Fri Aug 01, 2008 2:41 pm

Who is this guy? I kite in Toronto and hope that the rest of us aren't like this... I have no idea who this guy is, but will look out for dry suits at my local beach in 75+ F weather...

windwz
Rare Poster

Postby windwz » Fri Aug 01, 2008 2:53 pm

I dont know his name but he has a Ocean Rodeo rise and a new 2009 Skywalker Dimitri pro board

Toby
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Weight: 95 kg
Local Beach: Cumbuco, Brazil
Barra do Cauipe, Brazil
Favorite Beaches: same
Style: Airstyle
Gear: Rebel 2015 18
Brand Affiliation: None.

Postby Toby » Fri Aug 01, 2008 3:00 pm

you should have stopped him after the second time he went into the swimmer's zone.

One time can happen, two times means "f*** you".

Those guys are never welcome anywhere. I hope they get into another sport, definitely our sport does not have room for this.

Khardin
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Cleveland Ohio
Gear: Cabrinha Omega 15m
Cabrinha Omega 12m
Cabrinha Omega 9m

Postby Khardin » Fri Aug 01, 2008 3:15 pm

Was this the culprit?

windwz
Rare Poster

Postby windwz » Fri Aug 01, 2008 3:25 pm

NO THATS NOT HIM

marlboroughman
Very Frequent Poster
Style: Oldschool
Gear: Naish
Brand Affiliation: Make Kiting Great Again!

Postby marlboroughman » Fri Aug 01, 2008 3:27 pm

I do not know this dude but we have more just like him. They are loaded but will not buy a lesson. They will go to the State side to buy stuff cheaper so local instructors will not talk to them. They own kites in wrong sizes and some small ones that they will never use in the next two years. And yes they will body drag their fat ass through the swim zone. The f... off's do not bother them as long as they think they saved some money. The only good news is that sooner or later they will experience career ending injury so you can get equipment of off them cheap.

sjdavies
Medium Poster

Postby sjdavies » Fri Aug 01, 2008 3:28 pm

I'm in Ontario and go to Toronto ocassionally for kiting but mostly I'm just on the otherside of Lake Erie from you guys.

I'm glad he finally took the hint and left. Seems like there are more and more inexpenienced idiots showing up at beaches everywhere. Haven't been to Toronto recentley but it wouldn't take much for me to never go there again if that is the way people acted there. I know alot of the guys from Toronto and ride with them at other beaches so I know not everyone in Toronto is like that.

Too bad what happened, and I fully support your actions, I would have done the same, but we are not all a bunch of assholes.

Khardin
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Cleveland Ohio
Gear: Cabrinha Omega 15m
Cabrinha Omega 12m
Cabrinha Omega 9m

Postby Khardin » Fri Aug 01, 2008 3:47 pm

windwz wrote:NO THATS NOT HIM
I know, I was only joking, I tried to find the picture of a person in the biggest fluffiest dry suit I could find.

Starsky
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Starsky » Fri Aug 01, 2008 4:14 pm

Could have been Bob,,, or his bro Doug.

Both those guys are known for wearing winter apparel year round!

Just offer em american beer and they wont come back.

Return to “Kitesurfing”