Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Project for new mega "kitesurf" project in Ceara / Brazil!

Forum for kitesurfers
kruzlifix
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Baleia, Ceara, Brazil
Style: wave and HF
Gear: AHC, Firewire, Levitaz, Moses, Cabrinha, Flysurfer
Brand Affiliation: None

Project for new mega "kitesurf" project in Ceara / Brazil!

Postby kruzlifix » Thu Aug 28, 2008 10:33 am

During the last years to many of us the Coast of Ceara in northeastern Brazil became a dream destination where one could do endless downwinders along empty untouched beaches.
NA1..jpg
NA1..jpg (61.27 KiB) Viewed 1906 times
Who knows how long this coast will remain a kiter's paradise. Recently we did hear in the kiteforum about an artificial kitelagoon project near Paracuru Lagoa do Sonho....This project will probably not have any major impact on the natural environement....

But look at this future project: at one of the most remote and beautifull beaches at the coast of Ceara with more than 100.000 beds....

http://www.gruponovaatlantida.com/
NA2.jpg
NA2.jpg (139.7 KiB) Viewed 1907 times
NA3.jpg
NA3.jpg (168.13 KiB) Viewed 1904 times
if this will be built we all will be happy and should get good flight connection to Fortaleza from all over the world!!!!! but kiting safaris will no longer be as unique as now....

At this time there is globally some growing resistance against this big tourist project, even in Germany
http://www.fairunterwegs.org/aktuell/ne ... ba8aedeea1

on the internet there is now a online petition.
http://www.petitiononline.com/indios08/petition.html

I think anybody (especially kitesurfers who have been fallen in love with Ceara) who has any objections against this project should sign it :thumb:

I certainly don't think any nice spots anywhere in the world are for kitesurfers only, but to me tourist projects like this one will be deadly for nature and anything left of local culture etc.

greetings from Switzerland
andreas :bye:

HackyBrazil
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Prea, Area 51, Guriu, Mangue Secco, Camocim
Favorite Beaches: Prea, Area 51, Guriu, Camocim
Gear: Anton Custom 138x43 + Escalade Bindings
Anton Custom JB Wave - 5,4``
Slingshot Fuel 7 + 9
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Project for new mega "kitesurf" project in Ceara / Brazil!

Postby HackyBrazil » Thu Aug 28, 2008 11:03 am

I am not scared about this "project"

1. If you see on their homepage - they are looking for investors: seems that they don´t have the money to build by themselfes. And this is the way how projects are realised - you pay in advance that they can build.

2. If they would build in this amount of land they would have to tear down the village of Baleia and build in dunes and protected area which IBAMA (national Nature and Enviroment Protection) will hardly aprove.

3. In Baleia there is already a German project - almost ready to go Link german project: http://www.riasbaixasbrasil.com/ you think they will sell???

4.how many Mega projects really have been realised? Flatwater lagoon in Pecem - flopped. Lagoa do Sonho - never heared since last year..... Vila Galeia Project in Cumbuco/Cauipe - they are talking about this the last 6 years.

So by now it is only a drawing and a dream and the chance that this is turning into reality is quiet small.

North_Wind
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Rhosneigr
Big Bay, Cape Town
Style: cruising and jumping
Gear: Duotone

Postby North_Wind » Thu Aug 28, 2008 11:30 am

I would be sad for one. These mega developments never improve the area in my view.

BTW this is what that particular spot looked like in December last year:

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=1 ... 045&ref=mf

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=1 ... 045&ref=mf

kruzlifix
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Baleia, Ceara, Brazil
Style: wave and HF
Gear: AHC, Firewire, Levitaz, Moses, Cabrinha, Flysurfer

Postby kruzlifix » Thu Aug 28, 2008 11:39 am

HackyBrazil wrote:
So by now it is only a drawing and a dream and the chance that this is turning into reality is quiet small.
Well, it seems the company just got some official approvals is now moving forward.
there was recently a lot of attention in the brazilian press.
the 14 km stretch of beach has been recently "measured" ? and now has poles of concrete with brass markings every couples of 100 m ...

I think the least we can do is sign the petition?

Andreas

PS: it looks like I finally have to register with facebook? there is no other way to see the above fotos?

HackyBrazil
Medium Poster
Slingshot Fuel 7 + 9

Postby HackyBrazil » Thu Aug 28, 2008 12:52 pm

Well Andreas,

the measurement activity was in generall all over the place. Reason is a new definition of the marina territory and prevent further invasion in public beach areas. e.g barrachas and beach front properties, because the actual and valid law is from 18 hundred and something. If these project really would get reality this would have a makor impact on the landscape in the region.

But in any case there is more than signing a petition:

get in touch with: UNPEP - United Nations Emviroment Protection

Link: http://www.pnuma.org/brasil/

get in touch with: WWF Brasil

Link: http://www.wwf.org.br

Cheers

hacky

Toby
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Weight: 95 kg
Local Beach: Cumbuco, Brazil
Barra do Cauipe, Brazil
Favorite Beaches: same
Style: Airstyle
Gear: Rebel 2015 18
Brand Affiliation: None.

Postby Toby » Thu Aug 28, 2008 2:48 pm

Vila Galeia Project in Cumbuco/Cauipe - they are talking about this the last 6 years.
I heard they just started to build...

bri
Frequent Poster

Postby bri » Thu Aug 28, 2008 6:31 pm

unless airlines get their arses in gear and get the price of flights back down to a reasonable level then I fear Brazil may end up a bit of a ghost town.

2006 £550
2007 £750
2008 £850 plus.

Especially for a family destination where airline seats for kids are charged at adult prices

Toby
Very Frequent Poster
Barra do Cauipe, Brazil

Postby Toby » Thu Aug 28, 2008 6:53 pm

in the future there will be more flights offered, what will bring prices down as well, but not a lot.

But in general flights will be more expensive anyway...

HackyBrazil
Medium Poster
Slingshot Fuel 7 + 9

Postby HackyBrazil » Fri Aug 29, 2008 1:06 pm

bri wrote:unless airlines get their arses in gear and get the price of flights back down to a reasonable level then I fear Brazil may end up a bit of a ghost town
last week there was an article in the "Diario do Nordeste" saying that the prices of petrol make the flights expensive which is true but matter of fact you can get to destinations more far than Fortaleza for cheaper prices. A lot of people have the suspicion that there is a deal between TAP (that has more or less a monopol situation - and high prices) and the airport management to take horrendous landing taxes from other companies or prevent the increase of more companies flying to Fortaleza. It´s a matter of fact that the number of companies is getting smaller. In 2000 and 2001 Austrian Airlines (Lauda) was flying to Fortaleza - stopped. Until last year Edellweiss Air from Switzerland was comming - stopped.
Some big Star Alliance companies are flying to Salvador,Recife, Natal, Sao Paulo - that is a longer distance - but they offer cheaper prices than coming to Fortaleza ???? :nono: there´s something wrong. Interresting that TAP is a partner of Star Alliance...........

In the article they wrote that the number of flights decreased but the number of tourists increased - how´s that possible if the planes where loaded in the past and are still packed??? :nono:

They also wrote that the Government of Ceara/ Tourist office is going to advertise on European sports channels - why they do that? - Everybody knows about Ceara and kitesurfing - they should have done this in 2000 maybe - and now they do it with a more than poor presentation. - see the video
Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QeqVxPUOHJw
very funny detail in the vid: they name the airport as one of the most modern airports in the world - ridiculous.
Toby wrote:in the future there will be more flights offered, what will bring prices down as well, but not a lot.
This we heared now for a long time - unfortunately the reality looks different - only solution restructuration of the airport mangement - stopping the monopol situation with TAP, or taking flights via Italy - they do normal prices.

Toby
Very Frequent Poster
Barra do Cauipe, Brazil

Postby Toby » Fri Aug 29, 2008 2:56 pm

or fly with Cabo Verde Airline...TACV...thar is an alternative.

But I think you are right with TAP...they have some stuff going on there...

I also heard that Edelweiss Air was bought by Lufthansa...and they stopped the Fortaleza route...TAP and LH are Star Alliance.

I just wonder...but I think Lisbon to Fortaleza and back is the most profitable connection for TAP...always booked out and always expensive...

Return to “Kitesurfing”