Where to stay in Maui? Help Please.

forum for kitesurfers

mgutman
Rare Poster
Kiting since: 0
Brand Affiliation: None

Where to stay in Maui? Help Please.

Postby mgutman » Thu Sep 04, 2008 11:48 pm

I'm psyched. Just booked a 10 day trip to Hawaii with the wife next Spring (April/May). That was the easy part. Now I'm starting to research accommodations and I have no idea of where to stay. I'm pretty open to type, i.e. resort, hotel or condo, but if I had a preference I would say beachfront condo. My thought was to narrow down a geographical area and then pick the accommodation. I do have quite a few hotel loyalty and credit card points I'd be willing to burn but I want to be in the best area first and worry about if I'm paying with points second.

So any thoughts? I've had friends recommend, Kihei, Wailea, Haiku, Paia, and Kaanapali. Having never been to Hawaii I feel pretty clueless and would love to hear some first hand opinions of where to stay. I'm hoping to get at least one session a day but this isn't a hardcore wind trip as I'll be with my wife and looking to experience all that Maui has to offer.

Many thanks in advance.

EGORR
Medium Poster
Kiting since: 2004
Local Beach: Hukilau
Favorite Beaches: Hukilau
Style: Twintip
Gear: gk sonic
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Where to stay in Maui? Help Please.

Postby EGORR » Fri Sep 05, 2008 3:20 am

Go to craigslist maui.....I am going in October...staying at a guys place right on the Kihei beach for 130 a night in a 3 bedroom condo. Great price for 3bds. For the best deals on the island I would look on craiglsist or VRBO.COM.

Kihei gets decnet wind ....but not as good as Kite Beach....however Kite beach is crowded.

Good Luck and Aloha!
egorr

hydrofoilmaker
Rare Poster
Kiting since: 99
Local Beach: Kitebeach Maui
Favorite Beaches: The world's
Style: Universal
Gear: Carafino, Naish
Brand Affiliation: Carafino

Re: Where to stay in Maui? Help Please.

Postby hydrofoilmaker » Sat Sep 06, 2008 11:01 am

Hello Friend,

Try this guy on Maui. He has a very nice conservative place on the North Shore in a quiet private setting.

The name is David, his email address is GAD@RAMaui.com

If he ask how you learned of him, mentioned Carafino assisted.

Good Luck.

Return to “Kitesurfing”