Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Ripped off by Caution and Baja Joe's! - Solved!

forum for kitesurfers

Toby
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Local Beach: Cumbuco, Brazil
Barra do Cauipe, Brazil
Style: Airstyle
Gear: Rebel 2015 18
Brand Affiliation: None.

Ripped off by Caution and Baja Joe's! - Solved!

Postby Toby » Sun Feb 01, 2009 2:54 pm

Please note that the topic has been deleted, since all parties involved request this.

The initial poster and Brendan from Caution solved the problem with a beer on the beach, which was based on many misunderstandings, and all is good and solved now.

Good to know that kiters can solve things quickly like this. We should always be able to, we all have the same souls!

Well done guys :thumb:

Safe_Cracker
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 0
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Ripped off by Caution and Baja Joe's! - Solved!

Postby Safe_Cracker » Sun Feb 01, 2009 9:00 pm

Good to know that kiters can solve things quickly like this. We should always be able to, we all have the same souls!

What Soul ? :lol:

Cautionh8r
Rare Poster
Kiting since: 2003
Local Beach: La Ventana, Mexico
Favorite Beaches: La Ventana, Mexico
Style: Freestyle
Gear: North Rebels and Cabrinha

Postby Cautionh8r » Sun Feb 01, 2009 9:33 pm

Yeah, problem solved, kind a. The Caution rep Brendon promised me an apology from Caution for their rep who didn't fully disclose what I had bought. It's supposed to be posted here and on their website so we'll see. He refused to give me the bar back but sold me the lines for $50; he also gave me back a $100 in cash. Yeah, my buddies and I got drunk all night on Caution's dime. It was never about the money, just the situation.

I gotta say, Brendon is a stand up guy. He came to my camp after this forum and tried to resolve things as best he could. I did apologize to him face to face for being a dick to him but he understood the situation; it was nothing personal, he was just the face of a company I felt I got screwed by. At the end of the day I came back from a kick ass session (!) and he showed up not much later. We had a beer, talked, and then settled things. Brendon, I know you think I'm a dick but I'm not; I hope we get to kite one day and you can show me what Caution equipment really is!

Later I saw the rep Robyn at a bar and bought him a margarita to show him that there was no hard feelings. He kept defending himself and saying that I was just ignorant and an idiot. Whatever dude. Robyn, just know that the feeling is mutual!

Caution, you need to train your reps better! Even Brendon said that he wasn't fully trained as a rep and that he's "just their guy down here." What worries me is that this guy is an instructor; he's putting people in danger, and us, by putting cooks on the water!

jimmyck
Medium Poster
Gear: Naish Parks

Postby jimmyck » Sun Feb 01, 2009 10:35 pm

Hey H8R...the only mistake was to sell something to a whiny kook like yourself - god you are annoying - if i was Caution/Baja Joes, i would give your money back and tell you to fuck off - people like you is what kills this industry - take up bowling would ya?

tautologies
Very Frequent Poster

Postby tautologies » Mon Feb 02, 2009 1:02 am

hey, I actually think deleting topics unless they are abusive or illegal in terms racism, very abusive or threatening with violence etc, should not be done. It is a detriment to this forum....move it to flamers paradise, okay, but delete NO! If people write something they should be able to stand up to it.

My 5 cents.
a.

alefevre1999
Rare Poster
Kiting since: 2008
Local Beach: Cape Cod

Postby alefevre1999 » Mon Feb 02, 2009 1:12 am

H8R You should of stopped after you mentioned that Brenden is a standup guy. I know him personally. He definately is a standup guy. I would not worry about him being an instructor and putting people in danger. I'm sure that most of what he said to you was to appease you. I think you should take whatever they gave you as a replacement for your 4 year old bar and disappear quietly.

Safe_Cracker
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Safe_Cracker » Mon Feb 02, 2009 2:44 am

Funny how big people get over the internet :cool2: :roll:

Polo...

cautionsantacruz
Rare Poster
Kiting since: 1998
Local Beach: Waddell
Favorite Beaches: All
Style: Wave
Gear: Caution
Brand Affiliation: Caution

Postby cautionsantacruz » Mon Feb 02, 2009 5:05 am

Hi Toby,
I understand that this issue should be put to sleep, as it is starting to sound like a broken record. But, as alefevre1999 said, h8r should of left it at "Brendan is a stand up guy". I too, was willing to let this die, but I wonder if h8r ever reads back over his own posts/emails, and sees how he comes across?

Just for the record, for all the people that have stood by us, which is much appreciated. Or at least people that just have common sense.

h8r was offered different bars, and opted for the cheaper on. This is not a bar that Caution, "dumped them in Mexico thinking nothing of it", as was suggested by h8er, but one we sold to them 4 years ago.
Caution was informed of h8r's situation, by the Robyn, nice of him. We told Robyn we would deal with it, although we have no obligation to.
H8r proceeded to show up to the beach, bash Brendan (a guy he had never met), Caution, Baja Joe's and all of La Ventana, in front of Brendan's clients. I don't care what your excuses are, this is uncalled for.
We, all of Cautions owners, were down there for 9 days, at our both. If it was so important, I believe you could of found one of us. Brendan was informed to put a all new 2009 release system on your 04 bar.
When we returned home, we received you pleasant e-mail, where Peter immediately sent the below e-mail to you, pretty civil, considering your threats. Any e-mails you sent while we were gone, would have received a "out of office" reply.
I removed your name, as I saw you did on your earlier post, containing your e-mail to Caution.

--------------
XXXXXX,

You're a real charmer. Brendan told us about his encounter with you at his clinic. Your bar is still in La Ventana so we have not ROBBED you or STOLEN from you. We didn't have any four year old replacement parts with us
but Brendan was and is willing to put a modern safety system on your bar. Brendan is still down there and is willing to deal with you, so good luck and I look forward to your smear campaign on Waddell visits.

Peter
-------------------

Within the day, you held true to your threat of bashing Caution on the forums, good for you. Please realize, our offer of an upgrade, had nothing to do with your threats, yet just trying to help you out... we were well aware of how you would come across.

Now, we have offered you a total refund, again not do to your smear campaign, but to get you off Caution gear and go our own ways. You refuse and want the bar back??? Why would you want a bar that has cost you so much frustration?

As for Robyn, he is a great guy and instructor, and has put hundred of satisfied kiter, or "cooks" as you put it, on the water. Yes, he is the face of Caution, and we stand behind him 110%!

So h8r, don't hold your breath, for the apology you are looking for. Enjoy the lines, or contact Brendan for the total refund, so you and your buddies can enjoy some more drinks, "on Caution's dime". I do hope you enjoy your North's, as we have respect for them.

However, I do want to thank you for letting us realize how big our family truly is. Thanks to all of you who stood up for us and Joe's, as I realize not all of you ride Caution.
Also, thanks to all the people at Baja Joe's.

Poul Schiebel

cautionsantacruz
Rare Poster
Kiting since: 1998
Local Beach: Waddell
Favorite Beaches: All
Style: Wave
Gear: Caution
Brand Affiliation: Caution

Postby cautionsantacruz » Mon Feb 02, 2009 5:27 am

H8r,
Please don't take my post as a threat or smear, just want to get the fact out there, and go our own ways. I am sure you would like to do the same.

Thanks,
Poul

Vin Stefanelli
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2002
Gear: Ozone Frenzy
Naish Shockwave

Postby Vin Stefanelli » Mon Feb 02, 2009 6:06 am

I for one am glad to see that this situation
has been adequatly smoothed over.
well done!

high traffic forums like this are a key tool
for those of us who have recieved from retailers
the Less than expected...

to those of you on KF, kitesurfing
you were no help at all when I
1 year ago posted greivances
about a $550 OZ Haka buggy kite
which was undelivered for about ! full year!
from a California retailer who had SOME
kitesurfsh!t along with mostly buggy things...

thank you to KF snow/land who directed
me to Powerkite forum,,,,...... the BBB,
the Federal Trade Commission,
and theBEST!,...
Brian and Heather Shenck!
OZ distributorship USA!
thank you from the bottom of my heart!
I wish you could have hit Tugg Hill NY!
next year eh? BRI?

Return to “Kitesurfing”