Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

2009 fuel 11m or 2009 hadlow pro 11m

forum for kitesurfers

vjete
Rare Poster

2009 fuel 11m or 2009 hadlow pro 11m

Postby vjete » Tue Mar 17, 2009 12:38 pm

Hi,

Does somebody has experience with those two kites?

I want to buy one of those two but don't know wich one.... I have some experience with flexi kites but none with slingshot....

JumpinJoe
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2007
Local Beach: Ft Myers Beach
Favorite Beaches: Ft myers Beach - Lanark St
Style: Aggressive
Gear: Kites- Flexifoil Hadlow Pro - Fuel
Board- Aggression - RRD
Mystic
Brand Affiliation: Getkiteboarding.com

Re: 2009 fuel 11m² or 2009 hadlow pro 11m²

Postby JumpinJoe » Tue Mar 17, 2009 2:32 pm

I have both kites and they are both great kites, but there are a few things you can look at to help you make your choice.

These two kites perform very well, looping, jumping, hang time and stability are very close and I love both of them there are just a few small things that are the differences between them.

Hadlow Pro -
Pro's
1) I think the bar and depower system is much better then the standard Slingshot bar
2) Price of the new 09 is a bit cheaper then the Fuel
3) Kite has a 4/6 line option or 5th option, this helps the kite hold its shape due to its smaller leading edge witch is a bit faster then the Fuel but is a bit hard to tell
Con's
1) Resale does not seen to be as good as Fuel
2) 4/6 and 5th line options seem to be a bit more complicated for some and Fuel is just a 4 line
3) Bag sucks! easy to look past but it does!

Fuel-
Pro's
1) 4 line, this seems to be the biggest one of all
2) Len10 bar option has 800lbs lines and are super thick and safe and has a much better depower system then the standard bar
3) Bar has a better grip on it then the Flexi bar
4) has great resale
5) Standard bar has 800lbs on the front lines but 500lbs on the back

Con's
1) You have to pay more for the Len10 bar and have to purchase for another $400
2) Standard bar has to much crap on the chicken loop but some people really like it, I don't! keep it simple.
3) Leading edge is much bigger then the AH Pro said to be slower but I can't tell

The biggest issue I had with the Fuel was the depower system and the chicken loop on the standard bar but I did purchase parts from SS to change the chicken loop and depower system out, and SS was very helpfull.

Also on the AH Pro I really do like the 4/6 option it seem to hold its shape nicely. I would say its the best part of the kite. Why no one else has copied it yet I don't know!!

These are small things I have commented on because the perfomance is really close they both are great C kites and you can't go wrong with either one.

I must add I live in Florida and I have used both kites in Flat water in the Keys and waves on the east coast and chop on the west coast.

I hope this helps!
Last edited by JumpinJoe on Tue Mar 17, 2009 11:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

shymac
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 99
Local Beach: Stevenson Point break; Sandbar HR; 3-mile; Hatch; Mosier; S.beach Newport. Timberline, Mount Hood Meadows, Whistler, Baker, Steamboat.
Favorite Beaches: SOCAL/PNW/HI/BCS/????
Style: Depends on the condition.
Gear: 2012 RPM 4.5/6/7/8/9/10/12/14

Boots/Strapless/Skim/Wakestake/Snowboard
Brand Affiliation: Free Agent

Re: 2009 fuel 11m or 2009 hadlow pro 11m

Postby shymac » Tue Mar 17, 2009 5:06 pm

Nice comparison between the two. I'm bias toward the 09 Fuel. :shhh:
Attachments
09 Fuel.jpg
09 Fuel.jpg (62.57 KiB) Viewed 1095 times

pilookite
Medium Poster

Re: 2009 fuel 11m² or 2009 hadlow pro 11m²

Postby pilookite » Tue Mar 17, 2009 5:38 pm

JumpinJoe wrote:I have both kites and they are both great kites, but there are a few things you can look at to help you make your choice.

These two kites perform very well, looping, jumping, hang time and stability are very close and I love both of them there are just a few small things that are the differences between them.

Hadlow Pro -
Pro's
1) I think the bar and depower system is much better then the standard Slingshot bar
2) Kite has battens on the wing tips and I think makes it a bit stronger and has better reaction and a bit faster in loops.
3) Price of the new 09 is a bit cheaper then the Fuel
4) Kite has a 4/6 line option or 5th option, this helps the kite hold its shape due to its smaller leading edge witch is a bit faster then the Fuel but is a bit hard to tell
Con's
1) Resale does not seen to be as good as Fuel
2) 4/6 and 5th line options seem to be a bit more complicated for some and Fuel is just a 4 line
3) Bag sucks! easy to look past but it does!

Fuel-
Pro's
1) 4 line, this seems to be the biggest one of all
2) Len10 bar option has 800lbs lines and are super thick and safe and has a much better depower system then the standard bar
3) Bar has a better grip on it then the Flexi bar
4) has great resale
5) Standard bar has 800lbs on the front lines but 500lbs on the back

Con's
1) You have to pay more for the Len10 bar and have to purchase for another $400
2) Standard bar has to much crap on the chicken loop but some people really like it, I don't! keep it simple.
3) Leading edge is much bigger then the AH Pro said to be slower but I can't tell

The biggest issue I had with the Fuel was the depower system and the chicken loop on the standard bar but I did purchase parts from SS to change the chicken loop and depower system out, and SS was very helpfull.

Also on the AH Pro I really do like the 4/6 option it seem to hold its shape nicely. I would say its the best part of the kite. Why no one else has copied it yet I don't know!!

These are small things I have commented on because the perfomance is really close they both are great C kites and you can't go wrong with either one.

I must add I live in Florida and I have used both kites in Flat water in the Keys and waves on the east coast and chop on the west coast.

I hope this help!
Are you sure that you have the 2009 Hadlow Pro and not the 2008?

I have got one on this year, the 11m tips are inflatable and do not have any battens like lasst year.
The bag is still simple, but what else do you need.
I think its actually better than a bulky bag. After it s only a mater of taste. And does not make any difference in the way you fly.

Fly safe

vjete
Rare Poster

Postby vjete » Tue Mar 17, 2009 5:49 pm

Hi,

Thanks a lot for the help.... I flew a lot of flexi kites (firestorm, fusion, Strike, Ion II) and I think that I will buy a Fuel...

Thanks

shymac
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 99
Local Beach: Stevenson Point break; Sandbar HR; 3-mile; Hatch; Mosier; S.beach Newport. Timberline, Mount Hood Meadows, Whistler, Baker, Steamboat.
Favorite Beaches: SOCAL/PNW/HI/BCS/????
Style: Depends on the condition.
Gear: 2012 RPM 4.5/6/7/8/9/10/12/14

Boots/Strapless/Skim/Wakestake/Snowboard
Brand Affiliation: Free Agent

Postby shymac » Tue Mar 17, 2009 8:25 pm

Sweet if you do purchase one, let us know what you think about it!

Thanks for the support!

:cheers:

Return to “Kitesurfing”