Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

My Bad Story With Eclipsekite (reply from Eclipse on page 3)

Forum for kitesurfers
Rallye29
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Belgium/Netherland Coast
Favorite Beaches: Brauersdamm NL
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

My Bad Story With Eclipsekite (reply from Eclipse on page 3)

Postby Rallye29 » Tue Nov 10, 2009 6:44 pm

I want to report here my bad story with Eclipsekiteboarding, so other people will be warned of them.

Here what happened:
On 08/06/2009 I purchased an Eclipse Thruster Kite.
At first use in Kite School the front tube burst by pumping it up (clearly with no overpressure)!
By the meaning of the Kite Instructor it has burst due to a material factory default, and I should contact the company for warranty purposes.
Should be no Problem with Eclipsekite “Bullet Proof Warranty”!
I informed Eclipsekite Europe and they referred me to Eclipsekite US because I purchased a model 2008 and only models 2009 are covered by Eclipsekite Warranty Europe.
After several mails a certain Mr. CC admitted a factory default and as 2008 models wouldn’t be available anymore I should pay another 250 USD and I will get a model 2009 (without bar)!
As I felt to have no other choice I paid the 250 USD to CC by Paypal!
Mr. C. confirmed the reception of the money and told me that the Kite will be sent out soon and he will send the Tracking Number later on.
After a few days without any news I re-contacted Mr. C., but without any response.
I wrote about 30 e-mails without getting any response…
I thought perhaps the e-mail address is down, but a friend told me that Mr. C. answered him, so I asked an offer for a kite with another e-mail address and I got shortly an answer from Mr. CC, so this clearly proofs that he deleted all my mails without responding to any of my emails!
So now I have a broken Kite which cost me 820 USD and I can’t use it. I paid another 250 USD without receiving the promised new kite.
In summary I lost over 1000 Dollars, without having any functional kite.
From my point of view I must say that Eclipsekiteboarding and especially Mr. CC are far away from being serious and are absolutely nonprofessional.
I warn all people: DO NOT BUY YOUR KITESTUFF FROM ECLIPSEKITEBOARDING IF YOU DON'T WANT TO THROW YOUR MONEY DOWN THE DRAIN!!!!!
Eclipsekite made that I will have to stop kiting, because I have not so much money to buy another kite to continue the sport!

due to precautions about legal issues the name of CC has been taken out, please always refer to Eclipse.
Eclipse answered on page 3, therefore the change in the topic title.

Toby (administrator)

Craz Z
Frequent Poster

Re: My Bad Story With Eclipsekite Especially with Mr. Chris Cous

Postby Craz Z » Tue Nov 10, 2009 6:53 pm

Please spare us from another ridiculous thread

WE KNOW so what move on. I understand your frustration but you are one of MANY,MANY unhappy people.

The forum has whipped this to death. Please let Eclipse RIP peacefully

loco4viento
Very Frequent Poster

Postby loco4viento » Tue Nov 10, 2009 7:14 pm

Yeah, please don't bother us with a report of fraud, dishonesty and poor customer service in our sport. It just isn't relevant.

I prefer reading more useful contributions that fill this forum like "are handle passes gay?" or the typical "I am great and you suck" thread or "that rider in the video doesn't know how to ride waves" or the many personal attacks on respectful people whose opinions on safety or riding style preference are different from respondents.

John
:thumb:
Craz Z wrote:Please spare us from another ridiculous thread

WE KNOW so what move on. I understand your frustration but you are one of MANY,MANY unhappy people.

The forum has whipped this to death. Please let Eclipse RIP peacefully

Toby
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Weight: 95 kg
Local Beach: Cumbuco, Brazil
Barra do Cauipe, Brazil
Favorite Beaches: same
Style: Airstyle
Gear: Rebel 2015 18
Brand Affiliation: None.

Postby Toby » Tue Nov 10, 2009 7:21 pm

Eclipsekite made that I will have to stop kiting, because I have not so much money to buy another kite to continue the sport!
This guy is frustrated, and this is his only way to express it. I don't mind, since he didn't do anything wrong.

People should be happy associated with out sport, not be unhappy, so others don't experience the same, it is good that others step up.

Time for Eclipse to step up and solve it!!!

waynepjh
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: Ozone edges and c4
Brand Affiliation: Ozone team rider

Postby waynepjh » Tue Nov 10, 2009 7:38 pm

He is making sure the problem is know to all! maybe he doesn't read kiteforum every day and missed the eclipse posts! Don't be so quick to judge! Need less haters on this forum! :nono:

addicted2
Rare Poster

Postby addicted2 » Tue Nov 10, 2009 7:42 pm

I agree! I think Eclipse should just send you a new 09 Thruster, make you happy! I would be pissed. I hope they're paying attention to this. I picked one up a few months ago and it's my favorite ride, ever. Sorry to hear about your story.

Geronimo79
Very Frequent Poster
Style: Freeride
Gear: Epic Kites and Arise and Hyperflex
Brand Affiliation: Epic Kites and Arise

Postby Geronimo79 » Tue Nov 10, 2009 7:43 pm

common dude... 1st post.. and BASH away.. been there done that.

To many bashers around to make it all believable.. there are some people with real true storys but alot of pointless bashing.

If your story is true.. sadly.. join the club.. Kites are getting out there.. i have reason to believe my kites are on the way.. but i've heared that before.
I hope it getting solved fast with Eclipse. they are good kites. It really sucks.. Try talking with Chris, somehow... its the only way..

Craz Z
Frequent Poster

Postby Craz Z » Tue Nov 10, 2009 7:47 pm

loco4viento wrote:Yeah, please don't bother us with a report of fraud, dishonesty and poor customer service in our sport. It just isn't relevant.
Yeah please don't especially when its your first post
Toby wrote:This guy is frustrated, and this is his only way to express it. I don't mind, since he didn't do anything wrong.

People should be happy associated with out sport, not be unhappy, so others don't experience the same, it is good that others step up.

Time for Eclipse to step up and solve it!!!
Theres only been like 100pages of posts just like this. 10,000+ views Sifting through all of it has there been even one response from the company?

There shouldn't be one unhappy person that buys gear from a company. This is a unique situation that is just plagued with stupidity.

Obviously there is a problem with eclipse all of it was internal and the rest was accelerated by the forum.

Its now turning on a new company everyone trying to compare eclipse to epic. I'm sorry but its redundant and completely irrelevant.

It seems as if everyone has the answer and NO one actually knows the truth. Its not positive and its not helping anyone.

we should all be aware of the pros and the CONS in this sport. Thats what the forum is for but it shouldn't be the final judgement on anyone or company.

This forum has the power to make or break a business. Stay on the right side all you manufactuers.

Craz Z
Frequent Poster

Postby Craz Z » Tue Nov 10, 2009 7:54 pm

He is making sure the problem is know to all! maybe he doesn't read kiteforum every day and missed the eclipse posts! Don't be so quick to judge! Need less haters on this forum! :nono:
Wayne definetely not a hater, however a passionate kiter like yourself. I'm not against him or his experience with the company lots and lots and lots of people are in his situation.

The problem is this is hashed and rehashed so many times. Let the company make it up to him or quit doing business.

Who even knows if this is real or not. 1st post and unhappy who knows what the intentions are.
Its just old thats all nothing more nothing less.

only people that are quick to judge are the ones that have a problem and take it straight to the top. without going through the right channels.

RAL INN
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Sandy Point
Favorite Beaches: Pt Danger, Torquay, Aust.
Sandy point, Aust.
Nananu-i-ra, Fiji.
Style: freeride/waves
Gear: Zeeko Krush 12m, 9m, Notus3 10m.
Bhoot130x 39 TT, Zeeko Slash surfboard
Brand Affiliation: Naish, Zeeko.
Location: Victoria, Australia./instr+retailer www.krakentours.com

Postby RAL INN » Tue Nov 10, 2009 8:08 pm

Eclipse is apparently still going on.
working with Bill Hansen on the Surge and their Delta kite (the Vector).

what is also apparent is that the list of those swallowed into the Eclipse Black hole of deceit continues to grow.

There is also the consideration that the lies continue over even little things.
There were never any 09 Thrusters made just re badged 08 designs.
Those thinking or sprouting the improvements of 09 V's 08 are either sold on the lie or part of it.

As for CC, if the money flows towards him you will have communication with him.
But not the other way round.

Return to “Kitesurfing”