Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

O/T Want to move to the Gorge and live the dream?

forum for kitesurfers

Dan-at-North
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 0
Local Beach: The Gorge
Favorite Beaches: Crazy Beaches
Style: Kooky
Gear: yes
Brand Affiliation: Sales/Marketing/Service for NKB/Ion in North America

O/T Want to move to the Gorge and live the dream?

Postby Dan-at-North » Fri Feb 05, 2010 8:23 pm

I've got some friends who own a restaurant in Hood River and want to sell it. As most people know, restaurants are not a get rich quick scheme. Restaurants are generally more of a get poor slowly kind of thing. However, this is an established restaurant which has supported their family for going on five years.

Besides feeding the owners' family, it supports a full and experienced staff. It has a solid local following through the winter (including a particularly popular happy hour) and shares in the general summertime HR boom cycle. It is my personal favorite restaurant in Hood River (sorry uncle Maui). There's a full separate apartment/office above the restaurant that you could live in or rent out. This restaurant defines turn-key, and if you changed nothing you would be virtually guaranteed a successful business.

If you want to be the head chef as the current owner is, it would allow you to kite or windsurf or ski or bike or kayak or hike or... every day until mid afternoon. If you wanted to hire a chef and just manage you could pretty much set your own hours.

Like I said, this is not a way to make a million bucks, but it is a good, solidly established business, and if you're looking for a way to live in a great community, make a decent living, and play A LOT, this is a great opportunity.

The owner just got offered a great job, wants to spend more time in the evenings with his family, and is therefore considering some ridiculously lowball offers, so I thought I'd throw it out here. If you're seriously interested PM me for details.

-Dan

Return to “Kitesurfing”