Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

want harness with somewhere to clip suicide leash on front

forum for kitesurfers

longwhitecloud
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 0
Style: None, not even lawnmower.
Gear: Wipika Freeair 8.5 2 liner and Picklefork.
Brand Affiliation: iansmusic.com - free music for your kite videos

Postby longwhitecloud » Tue Jul 12, 2011 9:44 am

maybe even a harness with a quick release spreader bar too , a few years ago they used to go off by accident - any good ones around now..?

Kamikuza
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Sabae Beach
Favorite Beaches: Ol' Stinky
Gear: This, that, the other

Re: want harness with somewhere to clip suicide leash on fro

Postby Kamikuza » Tue Jul 12, 2011 9:59 am

All the bars I've bought new have come with a little loop thingy that velco's around the spreader bar ... is that what you mean?

You can see it dangling out the front, on the RHS of the picture - LHS of the SB - with the metal D-ring on the end ... dunno what they're called though. Just a loop that you put around the SB then back through itself, velcro holds itself down & together ... took me ages to figure out the one on my Shift bar when I first got into kiting :lol:

BK
Medium Poster
Brand Affiliation: CABRINHA Rider and Representative

Postby BK » Fri Jul 15, 2011 1:21 pm

It's only a suicide leash if it is attached to the back of your harness (to aid handle passes and reduce slack), that's what makes it "suicide"...at least in the old days when a true C kite would drag you blindly backwards after an unhooked crash. Anyway, I get the question, and that OR harness looks like a nice clean solution. Also, the Cabrinha kites for the last few years ship with a simple piece of webbing with a D-ring that goes around any standard spreader bar, giving you the leash attachement point right up front. I am sure others have that too.

RickI
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1998
Local Beach: SE Florida
Gear: Cabrinha
Brand Affiliation: Cabrinha

Postby RickI » Fri Jul 15, 2011 1:57 pm

Cabrinha has been put these out for many years, now as an accessory with their bypass leash. It is the velcro thing just to the left of the QR as BK described. There are a variety of points you can attach this on the front of your harness in many cases. It can increase the amount of bypass leash in front of you which can create issues at times.

jaystore
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Local Beach: Rome
Brand Affiliation: JAY

Postby jaystore » Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:48 am

Just to let you know about solutions, DYNABAR PRORACE (same for PROWAVE and FREERIDE) front leash attachment is made easy.
One additional feature: inside big waves, pull the red ball and realease all stuff! (available in 2012 :thumb: )
Attachments
DYNABAR_frontleash.jpg

JMF
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby JMF » Sat Jul 16, 2011 11:15 am

BK wrote:It's only a suicide leash if it is attached to the back of your harness (to aid handle passes and reduce slack), that's what makes it "suicide"...

Peter_Frank
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby Peter_Frank » Sat Jul 16, 2011 6:01 pm

longwhitecloud wrote:want harness with somewhere to clip suicide leash on front

maybe even a harness with a quick release spreader bar too , a few years ago they used to go off by accident - any good ones around now..?
I think most bars has rings at the front, both left and right side of the spreader bar, according to what side you prefer - no matter if they got a suicide leash slider at the back or not :thumb:

At least all the Takoon ones, and all other brands I've tried the last years got these attachment points.

Would'nt it be easier just to go to the shop and see and try some for yourself ?
One can not buy a harness on the internet anyway... (well, not if you are serious about your health and how it should fit YOU 8) )

Or no shops near you ? THATS a bummer if so :x :(

:D Peter

Return to “Kitesurfing”