Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

2011 F-One Airlite Bar - Brand Reps Please Read

forum for kitesurfers

G-Bru
Rare Poster
Kiting since: 2009
Local Beach: Hayling Island
Favorite Beaches: Hayling Island, Saunton, Watergate Bay, Sunset Beach Cape Town, Kite Beach Fuertaventura, Langebaan Cape Town etc etc....
Style: Strapless Surfing, Freestyle, Wake
Gear: F-One Bandit 4's
Brand Affiliation: None

2011 F-One Airlite Bar - Brand Reps Please Read

Postby G-Bru » Mon Aug 29, 2011 2:18 pm

Hey Guys

New here, and already having a little rant so I apologise in advance.

I recently bought myself a Bandit 4 - 7m & 10m Kite with Airlite Bar.

I cannot help but think that F-One have put much time and effort into producing what is a absolutely AWESOME kite in the Bandit 4 (I am in LOVE all over again) only to have failed miserably with the Airlite Bar safety system! IMO it does the Kite no justice.

Maybe its just me that has been spoilt with Slingshots CompStick Bar, but the Airlite Bar is somewhat 5 years behind its competition. Sure it serves its purpose, the bar itself is light and strong but its functionality is much to be desired, especially on the subject of the safety system. VELCRO........., come on guys, this is taking the p***!
On 2 occasions yesterday the so called safety system deployed unintentionally on me, admittedly it was after 2 hard stacks, but it should not self deploy - am I right?
On the second occasion I noticed the tapered barrel above the chicken loop broke out of its moulding, it sort of fits back together but it was not long before it kept popping back off and annoying the hell out of me! A single moulded unit would serve this purpose well, why they made this in 2 pieces simply boggles my mind.
I would also like to see slightly beefier power lines, like that of the slingy bars, which reduce tangling and one had much confidence in their strength.

Are any of you using a different bar on your Bandit 4's. I am particularly interested in using the CompStick Bar on my F-One's but uncertain if the line lenghts will be ok. Also, Slingys adjustability is done on the various knots on the bridle and wingtips of the kite, whereas on the F-One's, it is done on the bar.

G.

eldadgold
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 0

Re: 2011 F-One Airlite Bar - Brand Reps Please Read

Postby eldadgold » Mon Aug 29, 2011 2:48 pm

There was a batch of malfunctioning QR. I replaced my QR and since then never had any problems with it.
And personally i really don't like the Slingshot system...

G-Bru
Rare Poster
Favorite Beaches: Hayling Island, Saunton, Watergate Bay, Sunset Beach Cape Town, Kite Beach Fuertaventura, Langebaan Cape Town etc etc....

Postby G-Bru » Mon Aug 29, 2011 3:02 pm

eldadgold wrote:There was a batch of malfunctioning QR. I replaced my QR and since then never had any problems with it.
And personally i really don't like the Slingshot system...
Hey, thanks for the response. I will contact the main dealer here in the UK and get it replaced.

Just out of interest, what was it that you did not like about the bar? Compstick or Profire?

I was never a fan of the Profire bar's safety system, I accidently deployed it a few times grabbing my chickenloop after a stack. When the Compstick was released I quickly replaced my Profire's with the Compstick - loved it!

G.

JMF
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000

Postby JMF » Mon Aug 29, 2011 6:49 pm

Strange with 100 kg of man meat on the end of my B4's (9,12) I've never had this issue. Was out in 35knts on my 9 last week and it held strong, me not so much :D One thing I did notice on my 9 is that the line floats are much fatter on the 45 cm bar compared to the 52 cm bar for my 12 for some reason. Velcro system looks the same. Must check manufacturing dates on kites actually, I know my 12 was December 2010 if I'm not mistaken. What is the manufacture dates on your kites G-Bru ?

Must say I like the simplistic nature of the bar but if it fails it ruins what otherwise is a awesome kite package. New B5 system looks identical.

G-Bru
Rare Poster

Postby G-Bru » Mon Aug 29, 2011 8:51 pm

JMF, you gotta come live here in the UK for a while dude. It won't be long before you shed that 100kg, the beef here has no sustenance and mieliepap is non-existant! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Manufacture date on my Bandits are 30-12-2010? :?: I weigh in at 75kg, so guess I definitely have a problem with my system. Hopefully I will get a response from the F-One dealer in a few days time.
JMF wrote:Must say I like the simplistic nature of the bar but if it fails it ruins what otherwise is a awesome kite package.
Yes, I could not agree more! If I knew what I know now about the bar I would probably think twice about buying F-One! :( Thing is the kite is just so damn good! :cool2:

Extremely disappointed that not a thing has changed on the 2012 bar. Yup, still that same sh**** velcro. Granted its simple, but then that should also be reflected in the price, not the whopping £299.00 they demand for it!

Come on guys, I cannot be the only one that thinks there is much room for improvement with regards to the safety system?

G.

Return to “Kitesurfing”