RickI
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1998
Local Beach: SE Florida
Gear: Cabrinha
Brand Affiliation: Cabrinha

Portuguese Translation - Ten Ideas for Safer Kiteboarding

Postby RickI » Sat Mar 08, 2003 8:40 pm

A REALLY BIG THANKS to Djizasse for translating and to Tiago for reviewing the Ten Ideas for Safer Kiteboarding into Portuguese!!! Djizasse emailed me privately about wanting to help out by doing the translation and he hammered thought it, thanks again!

Also, Tiago tells me he will encourage a publication in Portugal to reproduce the list. The more effectively we circulate this document the better for all of us and our sport. How about some of the Brazilian riders on Kiteforum? Could any of you folks help to spread the translated document around your launches and shops? Perhaps even get it published in one of your kiteboarding magazines?

Thanks again to Djizasse, Tiago and all the other translators and people working to spread the word to their countrymen. Leaders like Sylt Rider & Sylvia, loeuftok & Fabrice, Mark Pronk, Mina & Nick, Hernan and Andres. You folks are the best and THANKS!!! Peter is working on a translation into Danish and Illy into Greek, looking forward to receiving your work folks and spreading it around. If anyone else can translate this document into another language, please don't be shy. Your efforts could well save some of your countrymen some serious bad times.

So, the document now exists in:

German,
Dutch,
Italian,
Spanish,
French,
Japanese,
Portuguese
English

with Danish and Greek on the way. THAT IS TEN LANGUAGES! You folks are the best and even better, thanks to your efforts the ten points either have or are to be published in Italian, Canadian, German, Japanese and Portuguese publications! Your effort could well spare someone a nasty lofting one of these days.

The Portuguese version follows:

RIDE HARD & SAFER, TEN IDEAS FROM THE SCHOOL OF HARD KNOCKS
Dec. 4, 2002

O Kitesurf é um desporto extremo que está a conquistar cada vez mais adeptos por todo o Mundo. A emoção e prazer único de deslizar na água e rodopiar no ar são incríveis e extremamente viciantes. O enorme poder transmitido à vela é grande parte da atracção e também a maior ameaça. Muitos dos acidentes, por vezes provocando ferimentos graves e mesmo a morte, são evitáveis com um pouco de cuidado e conhecimento das normas de segurança.
Considera pôr em prática e interiorizar os 10 pontos seguintes, bem como outras normas de segurança.
Estas normas de segurança têm crescido através da análise de quase 100 acidentes e incidentes de kitesurf. Fica atento a novas normas de segurança que forem aparecendo.
Nota: Mesmo seguindo estas normas os acidentes podem acontecer. Tem cuidado lá fora.

1. NUNCA NAVEGUES OU LEVANTES A VELA A MENOS DE 60 METROS UPWIND DE PESSOAS PRESENTES OU OBSTÃ
Last edited by RickI on Sat Mar 08, 2003 10:06 pm, edited 3 times in total.

taabsr
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 0
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby taabsr » Sat Mar 08, 2003 8:58 pm

Sorry correction it was not guga but djizasse that did the translation. My fault. I got confused on the names.

Djizasse did the translation and i reviewed it.

Guga
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 0
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby Guga » Sat Mar 08, 2003 9:45 pm

I was going to correct that, haven't had much time, since work on university started to tumble in... sorry for skipping this one out I'll help out on the next time

I'll get a friend of mine who's teaching kitesurf to give this with the subscription of the lessons.
Prevention needs to be taken since the beggining

RickI
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1998
Local Beach: SE Florida
Gear: Cabrinha
Brand Affiliation: Cabrinha

Postby RickI » Sat Mar 08, 2003 10:08 pm

Thanks for setting me straight on that and a special thanks to Djizasse for working through this translation. I know it has to be a pain to capture the meaning implied in conversational English in a totally separate language. I have corrected the original posting.

Return to “Kitesurfing”