First kite for a begginer 140lb

forum for kitesurfers

siph0n
Rare Poster
Kiting since: 0
Brand Affiliation: None

First kite for a begginer 140lb

Postby siph0n » Fri Apr 18, 2003 10:30 pm

Hi. I just started kiteboarding. I took my first ground course, and am looking to buy a kite to practice with before my water course. I was thinking either a Naish Ar-5 7.5m, or a Wipika Hydro 9. Does anyone have any suggestions? like maybe another kite that would be good for me? I am a 140lb begginer and live in New Jersey, I dont know how the wind is usually by the ocean though. Any help or suggestions would be cool, also I am looking to buy used, and not new... if that makes a difference.

Shawn McCarthy

mantismaster
Medium Poster
Kiting since: 0
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby mantismaster » Sun Apr 20, 2003 3:48 am

Dude, try the slingshot fuels. You can pick up the 2002 ones for really cheap. I have abused my fuels for months and have had relatively good luck. I ripped open my LE on :thumb: a sharp rock, but it was my own fault. As for size, that depends upon wind and water conditions. I am 130 lbs, and I have 6, 10, and a 14 meter kites. These seem to cover most conditions. I hardly use the 6, but it's good to have. Hope this helps and good luck. Also I have a B3 trainer which is almost my most used kite so far! Trainers are dope for honing your kite skill!

Return to “Kitesurfing”