Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

FAMOUS KITEBOARDERS, PART I - JOHN KERRY

Lots of valuable articles from Rick Iossi, FKA Inc.
RickI
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: SE Florida
Gear: Cabrinha
Brand Affiliation: Cabrinha

FAMOUS KITEBOARDERS, PART I - JOHN KERRY

Postby RickI » Wed Oct 27, 2004 1:48 pm

This is a forum for kiteboarders about kiteboarding, not about politics.

I have prepared this human interest piece as the first in a series about famous kiteboarders, discussing a fellow kiter who also happens to be a candidate for the Presidency of the USA and a Massachusetts Senator. Most of us have to have a job after all it helps to pay for kiteboarding, right? Well John Kerry has his.

The purpose of this write up is to provide some insight into his outlook on riding, some stories and the like provided by friends. IT IS NOT PRESENTED AS POLITICAL RHETORIC OR DOGMA only some information on a fellow, as it happens world famous, "boardhead."

Does any of this make him a great prospect for the Presidency? You got me, I'm still on the fence on that one. That’s for each of us to decide and based upon a LOT more information than is provided here.

That said, here goes …

ImageImageImage
Nantucket (from)

I spoke on the telephone with Nevin Sayer and Mike Alpert about John Kerry and kiteboarding off of Nantucket, Massachusetts. Nevin Sayer is a long time riding buddy of the senator both in windsurfing and kiteboarding over the last few years. Nevin met Kerry through windsurfing. Nevin was the USA champion windsurfer for five years and second in the world for two years in racing. He left the windsurfing tour in 1990. He was one of the founders of Fiberspar. Nevin went to kiteboarding to get his “yahoosâ€

Return to “FKA, RickI”