Great 2006

Forum for kitesurfers
sue
Rare Poster
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Great 2006

Postby sue » Sun Jan 01, 2006 11:45 pm

To all the girls that rip out there... have a great 2006!!

Greatings from Portugal! :D
Came and visit us this year!
Attachments
Nova Vaga Beach.jpg
Nova Vaga Beach.jpg (33.88 KiB) Viewed 5449 times

Tonia
Rare Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Girls Ripping in 2006

Postby Tonia » Wed Jan 11, 2006 8:44 am

Thanks Sue! Give us an update on the gals from Portugal riding. Is there a good number of gals kiting there? Photos are always welcome on the forum! Keep charging!

Tonia
Women's Kiteboarding Association
http://www.womenskiteboarding.com

bella
Rare Poster

Re: Great 2006

Postby bella » Thu Jan 12, 2006 11:14 pm

Hey Sue, hows the riding at Nova Vaga? I've got 2 weeks to play somewhere in May... looking for good wind, cheap accomodation, heaps of time riding... can you recommend Portugal?

sue
Rare Poster

Postby sue » Sun Jan 15, 2006 9:16 pm

Hi Bella!!
Hope I can help you!

Nova Vaga is the official kite beach in the Lisbon area, located in the south of the Tejo river, in Costa da Caparica.
Close to it, there are same others very nice kite spots, like Lagoa de Albufeira and Troia.
One of the resident kite schools in Nova Vaga, Kite Temple, has specific packagings for kite trips to Portugal: accommodation, downwinds and kitetrips to the spots.

You can find more infos in http://www.kitetemple.com/kitetrips.htm
Contact Kite Temple, I’m sure they will be a great help and a great choice for your trip.

And yes, I recommend Portugal!!!
Hope see you in May! Stay in touch!

:bye:

bella
Rare Poster

Postby bella » Tue Jan 17, 2006 6:58 pm

Cool! thanks sue, maybe see you in Portugal - we're checking out Egypt and the Canaries too, so nothing organised yet...

kimbly
Rare Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

egypt

Postby kimbly » Wed Jan 18, 2006 1:43 am

i have a super sweet contact in egypt if you need it....i am alos looking at a may cheap kite trip, maybe spain? anyone been to valencia area or tarife kiting?
kimberley

sue
Rare Poster

Postby sue » Fri Jan 20, 2006 3:46 pm

Hi Tonia!

I believe that here in Portugal we can count between 15 an 20 girls riding in a regullary bases, but for what I have seen last summer (a lot of girls in kite schools), I think that this year we will see a lot more!!
Here are some photos of Lagoa de Albufeira and Nova Vaga beach (kite beach), near Lisboa...
Attachments
Lagoa_Albufeira.jpg
Vera riding at Lagoa de Albufeira
Lagoa_Albufeira.jpg (164.96 KiB) Viewed 5401 times
Lagoa_Alb_01.jpg
the spot
Lagoa_Alb_01.jpg (58.43 KiB) Viewed 5402 times
nova_vaga_beach.jpg
nova_vaga_beach.jpg (29.52 KiB) Viewed 5401 times

bella
Rare Poster

Re: egypt

Postby bella » Fri Jan 27, 2006 8:00 pm

kimbly wrote:i have a super sweet contact in egypt if you need it....i am alos looking at a may cheap kite trip, maybe spain? anyone been to valencia area or tarife kiting?
kimberley
Hey Kimbly, have you kitesurfed in Egypt? Who is your supersweet contact? I am looking for somewhere that a first timer can learn - I'm trying to introduce a mate to the joys of riding. I've heard Tarifa is awesome, but too much chop for a beginner - Egypt is calmer apparently - what do you think? Did I also see you are in Whistler? Is that BC? I am possibly moving to Seattle area - lots of good spots around the west coast? bella

Return to “Kitesurfing”