Tuning Impact - going upwind...

forum for kitesurfers

WILCO
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 0
Brand Affiliation: None

Tuning Impact - going upwind...

Postby WILCO » Fri Jul 21, 2006 10:07 am

I'm in a bit of fuss bout tuning my impact 11m2, i know it doesn't likes to be oversheeted so i don't, i'm however deciding on the tension the 5th should have...loose it feels like it has more power, but the kite yelly's like hell, tensioned the kite feels way more behaved but it seems to lose power as well.... any experience?

Secondly i strangely enough could kite with a lot of speed and jump etc.. yesterday, but barely could run upwind, something i never ever had a problem with on my previous kites... I even was stoked about the 11m2 tribal which i rode in lowwind three day's ago and that thing did go upwind perfectly.. Since the impact and tribal appear to be almost similar (i like the direct steering of the impact btw)...i'd like to know what could be off?

cheers

flasher
Rare Poster

Postby flasher » Fri Jul 21, 2006 10:36 am

I'm riding the Impact 9 and like it a lot
I tuned it that way that when I'm doing unhooked moves, the kite doesn't oversheet.
The 5th line was a litle too loose, so I shortened it a bit, but I don't really have tension on the 5th line.

I your kite is jellyfishing there can be 2 reasons:
1) you don't inflate the kite hard enough. I really put a lot of pressure on the leading edge. I have no jellyfishing problem and no upwind problem. This kite is really the best kite I have had till now. (Before the impact I always had Naish and North)

2)there may be a production error in your kite

Jan:)
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 0
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby Jan:) » Fri Jul 21, 2006 11:09 am

I agree.

Go for a little slack on the 5th and pump the LE really hard.

Return to “Kitesurfing”