Is Eclipse the new Best??

Forum for kitesurfers
JGTR
Very Frequent Poster
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Is Eclipse the new Best??

Postby JGTR » Thu Dec 11, 2008 11:04 am

Is it me or does it seem like every thread is being hijacked by the Eclipse fanboys pimping about how good Eclipse kites are?

Just like best used to do :lol:

Maybe its just me :roll:

Jay

sburlo
Frequent Poster
Gear: Epic

Re: Is Eclipse the new Best??

Postby sburlo » Thu Dec 11, 2008 12:20 pm

Not really, I see a couple of threads with Eclipse mentioned including this one.

There is also the marketing strategy thread which someone has mentioned the Eclipse Bulletproof Warranty - which guarantees the Eclipse kites for one year no questions asked - within reason. - but this is relevent to the thread as it is a great marketing strategy.

I don't waste my time reading every thread though. :wink:

I have mentioned a few times myself how pleased I am with my own Thrusters but usually try restrict to those threads that are titled Eclipse related.

JGTR
Very Frequent Poster

Postby JGTR » Thu Dec 11, 2008 12:30 pm

have mentioned a few times myself how pleased I am with my own Thrusters
My point exactly :lol:

sburlo
Frequent Poster
Gear: Epic

Postby sburlo » Thu Dec 11, 2008 12:43 pm

I forgot to put a wink, after that line :wink: in case I was seen as hijacking this thread :D
But I was expecting someone to comment on how I mentioned the Bullet Proof Warranty without making it too obvious I was pimping. :P

But fair enough Jay, it may peeve people off if some Eclipse fans hijack threads and it is your perception that this is happening - I just have not read enough threads to know if this is the case, so I'll shut up now and go do some work.

JGTR
Very Frequent Poster

Postby JGTR » Thu Dec 11, 2008 3:35 pm

I'm only having a laugh :wink:

We don't get many Eclipse kites here in the UK, seems they are really popular in the US....probably why I notice them more on here

truthonwater
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Northshore
Style: Wakestyle all the way
Gear: Whatever I get my hands on!
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby truthonwater » Thu Dec 11, 2008 3:51 pm

No it's not just you... :roll: :bad:
JGTR wrote:Is it me or does it seem like every thread is being hijacked by the Eclipse fanboys pimping about how good Eclipse kites are?

Just like best used to do :lol:

Maybe its just me :roll:

Jay

kelhalla
Medium Poster
Favorite Beaches: parcuru, ilha guarijiru, the gorge, south padre, parts of ireland
Style: freeride, wakesyle, waves
Gear: HQ, Griffin, Wainman, Mystic
(reformed Best products buyer)

Postby kelhalla » Thu Dec 11, 2008 3:58 pm

I agree with original poster.

By reading this forum you would think half the people kiteboarding ride and love the eclipse kites. But I rarely see them out (at the gorge, brazil, etc). Im sure the kite has its fans but the message boards are really blown up by rabid eclipseites.

BWD
Very Frequent Poster

Postby BWD » Thu Dec 11, 2008 4:34 pm

It's just you.

Dmitry_L
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Anapa ,Pavlo-Ochakovo
Favorite Beaches: Boracay,Ras Sudr
Style: wakestyle and oldschool
Gear: caution kites, crazy fly boards
Brand Affiliation: dealer for main kite brands

Postby Dmitry_L » Thu Dec 11, 2008 4:43 pm

Have never seen them on Russian kite beaches,either...

toyletbowl
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Olbrich, Governor Nelson, Tenney, Burrows and McDaniels.
Favorite Beaches: Olbrich on SW and McDaniels on a SSW.
Sheboygan when it blows hard on a NE.
Style: Waves, Twin tip and Foilboards.
Gear: Whatever is available.
Brand Affiliation: Cabrinha, Slingshot, Core, Armstrong, Axis, NP Surf, Ride engine, Mystic. www.kiteridersllc.com

Postby toyletbowl » Thu Dec 11, 2008 4:43 pm

Being an Eclipse dealer and past best dealer, I'd have to say YES and NO.

One thing to remember is that as dealers we are also customers. We often get to see first hand how companies operate both internally and with customers. You'd be amazed at what has been said on the inside years ago. i'll just leave it at that.

I make decisions to deal with a company due to many factors and about the only way that Eclipse might be compared to best is that they are a hot up and coming company and use the forums to a beneficial end. They also both listen well to customers and have excellent customer service.

NO - in many ways though. I used to be a best dealer, but dropped them due to how they ran their business. There was absolutely no respect for any of the other companies who were there way before best. The attitude by the powers to be at best was quite arrogant. On the flip side...I remember hearing Kent at Cabrinha complimenting another company online and months later, I was a Cabrinha dealer and dropped best. i spoke with my wallet and haven't looked back.
NO...in how both companies respond on forums. SQ and Gumball would without hesitation take the low road and diss other brands products and this just reduces credibility and respect. Dimitri, Chris and the dealers for Eclipse do not do this at all.
No...in that Eclipse and most other brands support the dealer network first and may sell direct, but most sales go through the dealers. And...the price difference is getting smaller and smaller.
NO...the bullet proof warranty set's them apart from every other company. It's a great warranty and sets them apart.
NO...in that the "hype" for the most part = the performance of the Eclipse kites. If it wasn't for the timing of the waroo and the price, it never ever would have sold nearly as well. It was just an OK kite when it first came out, but the hype made it seem to be one of the better kites ever. Relaunch was subpar and fluttering was a problem and the bigger sizes were just not up to other kites standards. The 1-1 and price though hit it well. Kudos for that.

In the end, there's a lot of really good products throughout the world, so it comes down to other tangibles or intangibles as to why dealers...as customers...carry a brand and why consumers...as customers...buy from certain dealers or direct from the manufacturer. BTW...I think it's great that best set a pricing trend that only benefited the industry for the most part and they do make a decent product for the most part.

That's my opinion which is based on dealing with both companies for years.

bob
www.kiteridersllc.com

hell...i'll take this opportunity to say that i'll have full run of Kimas, Thrusters, Nanos and Poacher kites sometime soon. 1-2 weeks?

Return to “Kitesurfing”