Forum for kitesurfers
jp747
Rare Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

gps custom made aqua pack

Postby jp747 » Tue Dec 04, 2007 2:19 am

hello, if any of you guys want to do speed kiting or just recreational and would like to use a gps unit but don't have the exact pouch for it maybe you would like to try a customized aqua pack for either Navi or Forerunner/Foretrex and if any other units just email me at johncuaycong@yahoo.com with the dimensions and i can make one for you...will attach pictures. the yellow was meant for the Garmin and the blue for the Locosys' Navi also armband depends on your bicep size..very affordable roughly about half the amount of the standard Aquapac....regards :P
Attachments
1.jpg
pack was made for an aussie surfer to his own specs...
1.jpg (2.8 KiB) Viewed 1394 times
S4010214.JPG
this one is made for my specs and for the foretrex 201
S4010214.JPG (113.4 KiB) Viewed 1394 times
S4010220.JPG
what it looks like unfolded
S4010220.JPG (88.38 KiB) Viewed 1395 times

Greg7
Medium Poster

Postby Greg7 » Tue Dec 04, 2007 6:03 am

Any dive shop or boating store carries tons of waterproof cases...

eurotrash
Rare Poster

Postby eurotrash » Tue Dec 04, 2007 8:07 am

I'd like to see more ludicrously large pics to pimp your gear. Would you mind starting a new thread for each pic? Thanks.

Safe_Cracker
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Safe_Cracker » Tue Dec 04, 2007 8:59 am

Not to be a bubble popper but I own a Garmin foreTrex 201 which I am sure that is what you have and it is waterproof already! Plus it already has an arm band so what you have done was take a perfectly good device and make it look homemade? :roll: Polo..

jp747
Rare Poster

Postby jp747 » Tue Dec 04, 2007 9:19 am

hello guys, in a way am really am promoting it but sad to say even with ipx7 standards which means 30mins. at 1meter depth rating doesn't protect any gps unit that i know of right now to withstand a sudden water impact maybe (only velocitec which you only attach at the boom) at top speeds..i learned the expensive way and on my 3rd foretrex. on the first unit the pin tore off and the 2nd and 3rd it just went blank and when i had it opened since i didn't have the receipt for warranty it was moist inside. most guys on gps speedsurfing are using packs to at least give it a bit more protection and the available packs are either too long, large or clumsy to use. no hurt in trying to pimp but maybe should be at a different thread, but still windsurfing/kitesurfing related.
and am just trying to give guys who are interested a price 1/2 than what is quoted for the pro Aquapac which is retailed(correct me if am wrong)at close to 60us$ or 30uk pounds. regards to all...

SkyShark
Medium Poster

Postby SkyShark » Wed Dec 05, 2007 5:46 pm

how much for making me one for my garmin venture?
I want it in the bar tho (attached to floaters maybe?) not arm band..

nice stuff

Thump
Rare Poster

Postby Thump » Wed Dec 05, 2007 6:03 pm

I'd like to see more ludicrously large pics to pimp your gear. Would you mind starting a new thread for each pic? Thanks.

Yes, and please make sure they are completely out of focus.

jp747
Rare Poster

Postby jp747 » Thu Dec 06, 2007 1:37 am

'I'd like to see more ludicrously large pics to pimp your gear. Would you mind starting a new thread for each pic? Thanks.'

'Yes, and please make sure they are completely out of focus.' sorry thump not of a compu junkie yet so attachments really is still a science to me..

Regarding skyshark's request Etrex venture has the plain one and the cx model where the former is a little bit bigger..you sure bout putting it on your bar?!? if your serious email me at johncuaycong@yahoo.com

lesbian horse
Very Frequent Poster

Postby lesbian horse » Thu Dec 06, 2007 2:32 am

Safe_Cracker wrote:Not to be a bubble popper but I own a Garmin foreTrex 201 which I am sure that is what you have and it is waterproof already! Plus it already has an arm band so what you have done was take a perfectly good device and make it look homemade? :roll: Polo..
waterproof to 3 foot. You have one little tiny spill and your 201 is toast. Have seen atleast half a dozen die from morons who dont put them in an aquapac or waterproof case. But hey they were retarded enough to be riding around with a gps in the first case (eg. NOBS).

Return to “Kitesurfing”