forum for kitesurfers

zedzed
Rare Poster
Kiting since: 2006
Local Beach: Rhodes Island -
Brand Affiliation: None

Cesar Pro 08 !!!

Postby zedzed » Wed Apr 30, 2008 1:52 pm

I had 2006 and 2007 jaime pro boards and have right now the Nobile 666 2008. I am looking for a board more adequate for free style - and looking into the Ceasar pro 2008 - would love to get any idea about the board , how diffrent is it from the jaime or the 666 apart from being harder and better pop and of course any reccomendations from free style kiters.

Any comment will be highly appreciated.

Tnx :D

WndRdr
Medium Poster

Re: Cesar Pro 08 !!!

Postby WndRdr » Thu May 01, 2008 8:48 pm

666 is full on free style board for unhooked riding, so could you specify little more to what kind of free style you want the board as Cesar is also especially for unhooked tricks?

Cesar is stiffer and you will feel that when landing tricks as it feels different than 666. Cesar feels very stiff on landings and 666 may give a little more flex just to stick to water just when landing. Other difference is that they also feel little different when leaving water e.g. Cesar is little bit easier to throw to backroll than 666 which has little straighter tip. I do not think most kiters notice this, but if you are competent to throw KGP's etc. you might feel that difference.

666 might feel that it accelerates little easier, but it needs some more speed to get the pop to the tricks so then also the landings are with more speed.

Both are great boards. Try the Cesar if you can before changing as they are designed to do the same thing, but with different feel.

If you are more an old school rider and not so keen on unhooked riding then maybe Jaime Pro would be the one you are looking for.

zedzed
Rare Poster
Kiting since: 2006
Local Beach: Rhodes Island -
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby zedzed » Thu May 01, 2008 9:39 pm

Hi, Tnx for your comment!!!

i try mostly unhooked tricks now - i do f16 etc' but want to take it to the next step. I want to change the 666 just cause i have the opportunity to sale it and buy a new board, therfore, considering what is good to buy for the next step. I am not 17 anymore and i do many unhooked however, i like the jumps transitions with loops etc. I wanted to try the ceaser however, where i live its not available so i need first to buy it :-?

I

WndRdr
Medium Poster

Postby WndRdr » Fri May 02, 2008 8:58 am

Ok. 666 is a great board, but as you can make an easy switch then try the Cesar if you like the stiffer feeling of it better than 666. By the way if the landings with Cesar feel hard you might want to try to change the footpads to softer ones as North pads are quite hard. North straps and pads changed for better fitting ones for -08, but still are very hard.

Return to “Kitesurfing”