Pounda Paros island
Favorite Beaches: South Africa - Cape town
Style: waves
Gear: Stribog surf boards, Eclipse kites
Brand Affiliation: www.paroskite.gr

wavetrip Peru Mancora---Pacasmayo

Postby PAROSKITE » Wed Sep 24, 2008 11:20 am

Hello everyone!

Im planing a waveriding trip in Peru around November.
I would like to have some information from other riders ho've been there, where is the best place to stay for the perfect waveriding quality, i know Pacasmayo is the BEST ever as is the longest left in the world but i dont know how often its good and where is worth to stay Pacasmayo or Mancora...

Any infrmation will be helpfull!

George Georgoudakis www.paroskite.gr

kitehigh911
Medium Poster
Kiting since: 0
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: wavetrip Peru Mancora---Pacasmayo

Postby kitehigh911 » Wed Sep 24, 2008 1:04 pm

hey

I was in Peru for 2 weeks in July. Pacasmayo is hands down the longest kitesurfing wave in the world. I litterally rode one wave for atleast 2 miles. The wind blows perfect side offshore. We aslo stayed in Mancora which is good for freestyle, but Pacasmayo takes the win for waveriding. There was always some kind of wave there when we were there, and it was 20+ wind everyday.
Here is a link for a write up I did on Peru: http://www.bestkiteboarding.com/Will-Peru

Will Caldwell

windmaker
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1999
Local Beach: .
Style: Strapless surf and foil
Gear: F-One kites/ HB surf/ Taaroa foil/ Manera
Brand Affiliation: F-One

Postby windmaker » Wed Sep 24, 2008 8:25 pm

I will be in Mancora area and Pacasmayo from the 28th of October to the 19th of November staying at Delwawa hotel at first and taking it from there. They organise daily trips to all the good spots situated south of Mancora and all the way down to Pacasmayo. If you are interested let me know and we can hook up.

Christophe

http://www.cyprus-wind.com

PAROSKITE
Rare Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Local Beach: Paros Kiteboarding Center
Pounda Paros island

Postby PAROSKITE » Thu Sep 25, 2008 11:08 am

Hey Christophe,
[img]
Thanks a lot for the reply, i know the hotel allready and i know Skip as well, the think is i like to know how is the waveriding conditions in Mancora from other riders ho have been there allready or if its worth it to stay in Pacasmayo and not in Mancora.

Best regards,

www.paroskite.gr

windmaker
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: .
Style: Strapless surf and foil
Gear: F-One kites/ HB surf/ Taaroa foil/ Manera
Brand Affiliation: F-One

Postby windmaker » Thu Sep 25, 2008 1:39 pm

Well, a friend went to Mancora and Pacasmayo last year and prefered Mancora. Although Pacasmayo has an excellent very long left the village it self is very ugly with not much to do. Mancora also has very long waves (700m+) and is situated in a much nicer area with some night life.

I am primarly going for waveriding and will start with Mancora but Pacasmayo is definetly on the list of waves i want to ride.

PAROSKITE
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Paros Kiteboarding Center
Pounda Paros island

Postby PAROSKITE » Fri Sep 26, 2008 1:31 pm

Well Thanks a lot for the helpfull info guys!!

Im booking my flights and im waxing my board!!!! :bye: :thumb:

LOL

Best regards from windy Paros... :jump:

www.paroskite.gr

waynepjh
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: Ozone edges and c4
Brand Affiliation: Ozone team rider

Postby waynepjh » Fri Sep 26, 2008 10:53 pm

Be careful there! Four of my friends were robbed and assaulted girls too, at gunpoint and left with no clothes or anything at night on the side of the road. The taxi driver was part of the whole operation! Not to say that this can't happen anywhere.

sisky
Medium Poster

Postby sisky » Mon Sep 29, 2008 2:03 am

I live in mancora. The bottom line is that you are going to score amazing waves and wind in November. Don't miss lobitos. If lobitos is firing there is really no need (in my book) to go to Pacasmayo (the guy is right, it is not the most beautiful place in the world). But lobitos is very beautiful and safe!!! and is an amazing left hander with side offshore wind. Just respect guys and gals out surfing... Skip has if wired if you get with him.

also, put it this way. Pete Cabrinha said that he has been searching his whole life for the type of waves, wind and set ups that he found in north peru.

Maricio Arbreu said that Lobitios is hand down the best wave that he has kited.

so you don't have to take my word for it...

Again, i can't stress, please respect the locals.. and if there is a pack out surfing, don't barge through them with a kite in your hand...

www.samanachakra.com

gardini
Rare Poster

Postby gardini » Mon Sep 29, 2008 6:29 am

today was epic here in North Peru again.If you seriously want to ride down the line waves with your kite then this is the place.Please heed Garys advice as far as not pissing off the surfers.I still hit Lobitos from time to time but it is not the same wave as last year---the Frontier section is good if you have the balls but boring down the line alot of the time.I focus this year on 2 new spots--very interesting down the line waves,steady wind & no surfer controversy---world class.As I have already explained to George from Greece--Paca is as good as it gets---anywhere.Not worth a damn under 6ft especially at high tide.I love the place but have been skunked several times this year as the ocean temp is warmer than usual here in Peru.For sure the town maybe a tad grubby but so am I & personally i like the place.If you get Paca big with wind it will be best day of your kitesurf life but it can also be very grey---no sun- no wind.For what its worth my advice is to hang in Mancora---Samana Chakra is definately pimping--& if the forecast shows a significant south swell ---go for it in Pacasmayo---maybe you get it ,maybe not.We all know(I hope) --you dont know if you dont go.One of those waves -8ft face at paca for 3kms should be one of the highlights of most kiters lives.Windguru forecast under 2m stay in Mancora-many excellent point breaks,wind,waves,weather,women,warm & party & absolutely world class seafood.If you are in the area,I know a little something about where to go & when.SKIP www.perukitecamp.com
DSC_0018.jpg

Andres_Santacruz
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Laguna de Tecocomulco, Hidalgo, Mexico. Acapulco, Guerrero, Mexico.
Boca del Rio, Veracruz, Mexico.
Favorite Beaches: Progreso, Yucatan. El Revolcadero, Acapulco, Guerrero, Mexico. La Ventana, Baja California Sur, Mexico. Ilho do Guajiru, Ceara, Brazil.
Style: Big Air and waves and freestyle.
Gear: Kites:

8m Ozone Reo V3
10m Ozone C4 2015
14m Ozone Enduro V1
15m Ozone Chrono V2
17m Ozone Zephyr V5

Boards:

ASP Stealth Custom Kiteboard 135cm 2013 Black
Fone HRD Lite Tech 137x42cm 2017
Core Fusion 2 139x43 2017
Axis Ultra 2015 144x45cm
Underground Kipuna 5'8" Surfboard
Fone Mitu 5'4 2017 Surfboard
Alpine Foil Access V1 Foil and board
Brand Affiliation: I sell Ozone, Slingshot, North, Naish, Core, Crazy Fly, Axis, Mystic, Pro-Limit Ion & Dakine.

Postby Andres_Santacruz » Mon Sep 29, 2008 9:31 am

I had an awesome trip in Mancora last year, i went with Skip, best guide and super nice guy! I was very lucky to score the swell of the year (up until that point) 2-9 sept 07, and wind every day.

Typical day there, wake up, have a surf at the point break right on the point in mancora walking 5 meters from Las Olas or Del Wawa. Come back in, have a nice breakfast, get your gear ready, get picked up by Skip, listen to some nice music till you get to lobitos (about an hour south of mancora), check out the whitecaps and pumping left waves as you come over the last hill over looking lobitos. Rig, ride 3-4 hours or until your calves can´t take it anymore, come in with a huge grin on your face as the wind starts getting inconsistent turns more offshore and a light fog starts coming in (wind killer). Have a great sandwich and beer right on the beach, talk about all the waves you nailed. Go back to mancora, if it is still windy there and the wind filled in, 2nd kite session right on the beach. Come in, shower, have a superb dinner, get some beers, maybe meet a nice girl. Sleep, repeat all over again!

Sisky is a super cool dude, his restaurant at Samana Chakra is really really good, and his hotel is awesome. I only had a week for this trip, and did not want to mess about, i had a great time, met some really nice people, and kited my ass off! I cannot wait to go back, i hate corporate vacation restrictions!

Here are some pictures that do not do the place justice, the pictures on the water are from the last day, when the waves were smallest.

http://picasaweb.google.com/asantacruz/PeruKite07

Cheers Skip and Gary!
Andy

Return to “Kitesurfing”