Survey concerning Kitesurfing

forum for kitesurfers

diegocorzo90
Rare Poster
Kiting since: 0
Brand Affiliation: None

Survey concerning Kitesurfing

Postby diegocorzo90 » Sat Sep 27, 2008 2:30 am

I am creating a prototype that will reduce time when setting up and putting away, please take this survey concerning my prototype:
http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.aspx?sm=v ... G9VA_3d_3d

kitezilla
Very Frequent Poster

Re: Survey concerning Kitesurfing

Postby kitezilla » Sat Sep 27, 2008 3:09 pm

What does your invention look like?

Have you done your homework? There are many devices on the market already, such as Turbolaunchers, Line managers, Line crawlers, line despensers, winders, along with easily tinkered up devices made out of PVC, wood, webbing, etc.

At least give us a hint on whether your invention would be left on the beach, carried along with the kiter, etc. Does it float? How much would it cost? Can it be used for anything else? Would a normal "beach comber" want to pick it up or steal it?

You don't need a "survey" to know that kiters would accept and buy a product that would be an asset to their kiting routine...so the only way to find out by a survey, if the product would sell, is to show us a picture, and give us a description of the procedure to use it, and then, ask us to rate the product as to acceptability judged by criteria, such as price, fashion, ease of use, danger, etc.

CaptainArgh
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2004
Style: freeride, surf, slicks, dwindr exploring
Gear: SS RPM 6, SST 8/10 and Rally 12

Re: Survey concerning Kitesurfing

Postby CaptainArgh » Mon Sep 29, 2008 4:23 pm

Yeah, that is a pretty bad survey.
Doesn't give all the options in many questions. I have been kiting for 5 years...but my only option is "<2" or ">5". What if I have been kiting 4 years?

What if I don't think it takes me 10 minutes to run my lines? The lowest option on your website is "about 10 minutes." Running lines on a clean beach is a pretty quick affair and winding them up after a session is even quicker. I think your data is going to be skewed into saying that we all waste over 20 minutes a session with our lines! :lol:

I would like a way to know my lines are organized so that I don't have to walk them when I'm in a very tight launch area. I have used the Kite Lobster, which I liked, but my lines were not always clean 100% of the time so I stopped using it. This was due to user error, but, if I have to really concentrate to keep the lines separate than it isn't a convenience and I won't trust the device when I really need to depend on it. Your device should be EASY to put on and off the lines. Its should pack up small.

Hope this helps. Good luck with your product!

Return to “Kitesurfing”