Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

03 17 ss fuel

Forum for kitesurfers
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

03 17 ss fuel

Postby Guest » Fri May 09, 2003 5:38 am

just got my new 17 ss fuel to replace my 02 cabrinha 12.2 16 flat. the kites are just not in the same league!!! the construction is outstanding compared to the cabrinha! the only thing good about the cabrinhas is that i learned to do my own repairs!!! can't wait to fly it!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bandito
Rare Poster

Postby bandito » Fri May 09, 2003 6:24 am

you'll love the 17. 10 knots to 20+ knots no problem. Not the highest jumper, but one of the longer hang times. :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

sq225917
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1996
Local Beach: Cleethorpes, Hunstanton, Lytham
Gear: Eleveight and Flysurfer
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby sq225917 » Fri May 09, 2003 7:10 am

let us have your thoughts on the bar...

Johnny TBKS
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby Johnny TBKS » Fri May 09, 2003 2:12 pm

Welcome aboard!
Yet another innocent soul to join the uprising. :P
You have just entered a new dimension in your kiteboarding passion. One that will push your skills harder...faster....stronger. :wink:

You are right, NO COMPARISON in construction. Compare your new SS to any and all kites you see on any and all beaches...see what you think.
Thanks for your input....keep it comin'!

Johnny

mikea12345
Rare Poster

Postby mikea12345 » Wed May 14, 2003 2:56 am

:thumb: took my new fuel 17 out for the first time today, wow!!! super stable, very consistant power, light on the bar, and the jumps seemed to be high and very floaty. what i was really imprested with was the stability, it seemed to just be so fluid!! i was also not paying any attention to the kite and the tip drug in the water and flipped the kite on it nose. i got the kite to relaunch in under 2 minutes, i was amazed!!! i am suuuper imprested!!!!

tweekster
Very Frequent Poster

Postby tweekster » Wed May 14, 2003 7:54 am

can anyone compare the construction differences between the slingshots and the naishes? i fly naish now and might be able to get some good deals on slingshots in the future.

thanks!

chicagokitesurfer
Very Frequent Poster

Yeah...

Postby chicagokitesurfer » Wed May 14, 2003 5:01 pm

I'll talk pure Slingshot here. Mark Cloth material, Folded and Taped Seams, Kevlar wear pads, Strut Wear Pads, Wingtip Wear Pads, 40mm Overlay Double Stitching, Flat Seams preventing LE canopy wear, Scalloped and Re-inforced Trailing Edge, etc.

I think Mark Cloth and Teijin 45mm is the #1 reason. Highest strength ripstop. This cloth is used at all the battens so if there's a tear in the ripstop, it won't reach the batten which makes repairs much easier and less costly. The folded and taped seams are stronger than other seams on the canopy and just looking at the canopy of a slingshot compared to any other kite and you can instantly see the difference. The kevlar wear pads everywhere on the kite mean the edges won't get worn out quickly. The 40mm overlap stitching refers to the bladder sheathing material being overlapped a considerable distance and stitched down each side, so if one side comes loose, there's still plenty of material to re-sew it so it will hold. The reinforced trailing edge is not only great for relaunching, but wear.

V
http://www.chicagokitesurfing.com

tweekster
Very Frequent Poster

Postby tweekster » Thu May 15, 2003 4:29 am

does anyone know of a kite that addresses the wear associated with self launching on beaches with rocky sand? most kites have stronger material on the tips where one would place the sand, but then the regular ripstop above the first strut is actually what takes the scuffing. that is where i get all the pinholes.

Return to “Kitesurfing”