Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

EASTMAN, TASTI, SUDRAT, SHINN & D'ORTOLI HONORED!!!

Forum for kitesurfers
RickI
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: SE Florida
Gear: Cabrinha
Brand Affiliation: Cabrinha

EASTMAN, TASTI, SUDRAT, SHINN & D'ORTOLI HONORED!!!

Postby RickI » Wed May 14, 2003 6:57 pm

This just in from the KPWT, LAUREL EASTMAN DESIGNATED 2002 WOMAN OF THE YEAR! ...

For Immediate Release:
Freeriders Christopher Tasti and Laurel Eastman honored by the Kite Pro World Tour
The Kite Pro World Tour began its 5th year with a beautiful sunset ceremony in the South of France.
The 4 world champions, Freeriders Christo Tasti from 2000, Julien Sudrat from 2001, Mark Shinn
from 2002 and Fabienne D'Ortoli from 2001 and 2002 were honored for their achievements in kiteboarding.
The award? A comical cartoon character drawing of their smiling faces while kiting.
Two other women riders were acknowledged for their contribution to kiteboarding. Laurel Eastman,
Freeriders and the highest ranked American athlete in 2002, was also honored with a beautiful plate
engraved with " 2002 woman of the year". Norwegian rider Tuva Jansen was awarded "most
improved in 2002."
The Kite Pro World Tour has an exciting line-up for this year, with competitions scheduled for
France: Cap d Agde 13-18 May
Turkey: Istanbul 16-31 July
South Africa: Durban 25-31 August
New Caledonia: Noumea 25 Oct -2 Nov
Brazil: Rio de Janiero 22-30 Nov
* Alternate options are Holland and Morocco
With an international group at the first event, including riders from England, Europe, Scandinavia,
Israel, South Africa, the Dominican Republic, and America, it's looking promising for the best World
Cup season yet! Frederic Gravoille has partnered with Blue Orange Sports Marketing for the distribution
of the television program to 355,000,000 homes across our blue planet.
New for 2003 from the KPWT and Freeriders is the Wave Masters. The first event was last April in
Cabo Verde, blessed with perfect conditions - huge waves and good wind, a great group of the worlds
best wave riders, and a great cultural experience in Africa. This event, won by 2001 World Champ
Julien Sudrat, is the first of a series of wave events planned in 2003. Look for the DVD of the event,
coming out soon.
In the meantime, Malik Bouchenafa, one of the Freeriders, set the very first official speed record in
kiteboarding at 38,28 knts, we congratulate him very much and wish him to blow his own record as
soon as possible.
Last edited by RickI on Wed Jun 04, 2003 4:58 pm, edited 10 times in total.

Foxyfly
Frequent Poster
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby Foxyfly » Thu May 15, 2003 1:05 pm

Hi Ricki
Ive been waiting for the footage of this Wavemasters event for a while now ever scince i heard that french rider Fred Campagnon who rides for Flysurfer.De, came in 9th place on his new Titans / psycho's, im really looking forward to see some wave ripping on a foil, i love my 9P and find it excellent in the poor exscuse for waves i get where i ride.

Im off to Maui next year im not mad or anything, faces bigger than 2m's are well out of my league, but hopfully on small days ill be able to give it a go .
Any idea whos doing these DVD's and release dates ?

laurel
Medium Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

DVD

Postby laurel » Thu May 15, 2003 5:53 pm

Aloha
Freeriders is making the DVD, I was checking out the rough cut in the studio here in France last week and the footage is INSANE!! You are going to freak out when you see it. I dont know the release date but email greg@freeriders.tv and he can give you details
Good wind and waves
laurel

PH
Medium Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Laurel

Postby PH » Thu May 15, 2003 6:25 pm

Aloha
Never see you here much...
How are you?
Congratulations..you deserve your award.

Coming to Texas?
I'll be there.

Hope to see you
aloha
Fabs :bye:

tux
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Lignano
Favorite Beaches: Jericoacoara CE BR
Style: wave
Gear: Naish Helix Limited '09 9 North rebel '09 9; vegas '08 9 , rhino '07 14
John Amundson Pro model '08 Hydro '08