forum for kitesurfers

mergulhao
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2002
Brand Affiliation: None

Dream 16 and style 149

Postby mergulhao » Tue Jun 10, 2003 9:50 pm

hello

My weight is 83 kg, I am intermediate (can ride up wind and go for the first jumps), and ride a F-one TT-168

I bought a Dream 16 and I already ride betwen 12 to 16 knots of wind. The pull is not strong in 16 knts and the wing is very smooth. I immediately like this Dream, a very estable wing, compare with my wipika airblast 10 of 2000.

A friend of mine, that have a Mach one 12, try it and he says that this kite has the same performance of the Mach 1 with a evolution on construction and wind range.

I want to change the TT 168 for f-one style 149 to have a litle more wind range. Can you help me on that? do you think that is a good change?
tnks
:bye:
Last edited by mergulhao on Sun Jun 15, 2003 2:54 am, edited 2 times in total.

miksa
Medium Poster
Kiting since: 0

Postby miksa » Wed Jun 11, 2003 5:31 pm

Hi there!

I also had the chance to try my 16m Dream this weekend.
Used the 12.1 Mach1. The kite is very easy to get used to, but jumping is different form the Mach1..partly probably because of the difference in size, but this kite so much easier to control, extreme stable and has very nice hangtime. And the lift is soo smooth there is no sudden pull it just acts as you would expect it..not too fast. I like it very much. Construction is quite nice...although not as bombproof as an AMP for example.
I use it with am Airush Wakestyle 146x40 (I'm 95kgs) ..and it works in 3Bft so the 149 Board would be OK for you.

Have a nice day

Aloha,

Miksa

mergulhao
Frequent Poster

Postby mergulhao » Sun Jun 15, 2003 2:45 am

tnks for your advice Miksa. :) :thumb:

I already ride the style 149 with the 16m dream and seems perfect in winds of 11 to 17 knts. :)
The board is very stable and it's carving is very strong.
The balance is a bit anusual, seems like it's a board that works more in the midle than in back, is a litle dificult in the beggining, but you quickly used to it. Need speed to ride smooth, maybe because i come from a 168 TT. :-?
The shape is beattiful and the airex foam makes it a very flexivel and confortable board.

The Dream 16 is steady even in gust winds between 16 to 19 or 20 knots.
The pull at 17 knts begun to get strong but controlable, not very confortable, but you can land your wing with safety.

Even with this size this wing is very quick in turns and flys in front of you always powered.
I agree with you that the pull for the jump and landing is smooth and very soft, it flys easy in litgt winds like 10 or 11 knots.

The escape valve in the main lead makes the wing realy ease to pack to. :thumb:

I realy like the dream 16. I think that is a wing for intermediare to advance riders.

I must try some more raids.:lol:
Last edited by mergulhao on Tue Jun 17, 2003 2:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

mergulhao
Frequent Poster

Postby mergulhao » Mon Jun 16, 2003 7:37 pm

Oi
You can not believe, but a friend of mine yesterday obtained to leave and to come back to exactly the same point of departure with wind of 7 knots with this equipment. Still took off two 360º. I did not want to believe.
it is truth that he already rides for tree years and weighs only 65 kg, but also confessed that he had never ride with so little wind. His smile was enormous.:lol:

In any way it is good for knowing that the manufacturer did not deceive nobody printed in the wing 8 to 18 knots. Is realy true. :thumb:

Return to “Kitesurfing”