Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

cabrinha 2003 problems

Forum for kitesurfers
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

cabrinha 2003 problems

Postby Guest » Mon Jul 07, 2003 6:00 pm

high everybody i got several cabrinha bts and they all have problems first of all my varie pro looses fins all the time

second my depowerstrap brook one time my chickenloop quick release brook one time

the tube of a bt spontanisly had a leak
the struts have to be pumped up every 8 hours

and further on see pics
so i am not happy with these kites one thing i have to mention when they fly they fly beautifull but as you can see quality is very poor :evil: :x :cry:

Timah
Medium Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby Timah » Mon Jul 07, 2003 7:36 pm

Been flying a 14m Bt for a few months now. I love the way this kite flys. Better than most 2003's. Just like with any other product there are going to be failures and flaws. I do agree that there is a bladder problem. I have replaced all but one bladder in this kite. The bladder material seems to be rather thin compared to the replacements that I got. I have also crashed this kite pretty hard and no rips or damage otherwise. aside from leaky bladders this thing flys like nothing else. I have flown most of the other major brands 03 high aspect kites and the Black Tip is the top for performance. Naish and north seem to be up there to as far as performance versus quality/durability(same problems). Of course this is just an opinion based on personal experience.

Tim

stonezone
Medium Poster

Postby stonezone » Mon Jul 07, 2003 8:48 pm

you forgot to mention the battons wearing through the dacron on the leading edge and eventualy popping the main bladder, as well as the powerlock completely failing after 20 or so hours.

Timah
Medium Poster

Postby Timah » Mon Jul 07, 2003 10:28 pm

You must really abuse your kites on the beach. I have not seen any unusual wear. My launch is rocky with barely any sand. no rub through on the leading edge. Than again I see dudes dragging there kites along the beach and those things are tore up, so I could easliy say that they are messed up due to the manufacturing and the materials of the kite. Havent seen a single power lock go at my local spot. I have seen chicken loops bust plenty of times becuse of the quick release system. It seems that all brands suffer from regular abuse though. Looks like all new kites are made of same materials for the most part and all wear in the same spots. the 2004 cabrinhas have more reinforcement in the problem areas that affect all brands of kites.

Tim R

Dwight
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Florida
Gear: Any

Re: cabrinha 2003 problems

Postby Dwight » Tue Jul 08, 2003 12:01 am

just me wrote:high everybody i got several cabrinha bts and they all have problems first of all my varie pro looses fins all the time

second my depowerstrap brook one time my chickenloop quick release brook one time

the tube of a bt spontanisly had a leak
the struts have to be pumped up every 8 hours

and further on see pics
so i am not happy with these kites one thing i have to mention when they fly they fly beautifull but as you can see quality is very poor :evil: :x :cry:
The only problem I see is, you bite your fingernails. :oops:

kite boardertje
Medium Poster

Postby kite boardertje » Tue Jul 08, 2003 6:03 am

i have the same problems with my bt and i am not only on sandy beaches

and indead the battens are wearing also

to bad for such a kite wich is flying good maybe i should take a look at the 2004 models or just for another brand (slingshot gaastra north naish)

:cry:

alex-z
Rare Poster

Hey You forgot f-one machII !

Postby alex-z » Tue Jul 08, 2003 6:58 am

Excelent durability :!:

kite boardertje
Medium Poster

Postby kite boardertje » Tue Jul 08, 2003 7:41 am

stonezone wrote:you forgot to mention the battons wearing through the dacron on the leading edge and eventualy popping the main bladder, as well as the powerlock completely failing after 20 or so hours.
check the urls of the pics Imageand

what do you think about it dwight?

experienced1
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: Cabrinha
Brand Affiliation: Cabrinha

Postby experienced1 » Tue Jul 08, 2003 6:11 pm

KiteB and others:
the problem you describe about the batten tip at the LE wearing thru the dacron canopy happened on earlier versions, but on a minority of kites and was fixed in production. They sewed in a patch behind the end of the batten pocket to prevent the wear.
Also, if you have one of the earlier versions and have this issue, Cabrinha fixes the problem under warranty. Your shop should have taken care of you.
If your kite is out of warranty, or bought it used, the fix is easy. Just remove the stitching (where batten pocket attaches to the canopy) take 2 pieces of dacron, sew/glue/etc together, place this patch between the batten pocket and the canopy, sew in place, and reattach th batten pocket. Your shop should in fact be able to get instructions and a template fo you.

stonezone
Medium Poster

Postby stonezone » Wed Jul 09, 2003 6:03 am

I have one of the newer ones with the extra dacron between the baton and bladder, and it has worn through the patch already. Whats the deal, we pay 1 grand for a kite that wont last 12 months? fsking bullsh1t if you ask me

Return to “Kitesurfing”