Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Learning how to Kite sep-nov

forum for kitesurfers

MariaT
Rare Poster

Learning how to Kite sep-nov

Postby MariaT » Fri Jul 04, 2003 11:27 pm

I am a windsurfer who tried kite for a week and just loved it... :) I am now considering giving it a chance, thinking about kiting for two month this fall. I know from windsurfing that the winds are usually not so good in the fall, where would be a good place to go for the months of September - December? My budget is not that great so it would have to be on a relatively cheap place? What about Egypt or Margarita? Anyone who stayed there for a couple of months and know how much it is possible to make it on? Are there any long-term kiters in Egypt? And what about being a lonely woman there?

Thankful for all help on those questions

Huwin69
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1998
Local Beach: La Florida - Rosario - Argentina
Favorite Beaches: Cumbuco - Brasil
Los Roques - Venezuela
Coche Island - Venezuela
El Yaque - Venezuela
Cariló - Argentina
Cuesta del Viento - Argentina
Style: All Around
Gear: Slingshot RPM 10m 2017
Slingshot RPM 8m 2016
Slingshot Asylum 138
Brand Affiliation: Slingshot Rosario

Postby Huwin69 » Sun Jul 06, 2003 7:36 am

Margarita is very good for learning with shallow warm waters, side shore winds, and many kite schools with the right gear (small kites, all sized boards, helmets, lifejackets, rescue boat, etc...)
Living here is very cheap now and getting cheaper with a big diference between the Dollar and the Bolivar...(best rate if change US Dollar or Euros in the black market)
The wind is everyday for a kiter and mostly everyday for a windsurfer as well.

Best Regards.

Hugo.

PD: By the way here is a friendly ambient for a lonely kiter-girl.

Return to “Kitesurfing”