Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Ex-Slingshot Now Best Riders Q 4 u

Forum for kitesurfers
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Ex-Slingshot Now Best Riders Q 4 u

Postby Guest » Thu Mar 25, 2004 1:38 pm

I currently have a 2003 Fuel 17 and am looking to upgrade. I am trying to decide between the 04 Fuels (I am very impressed with my 03) and the much cheaper Nemisis Kites. How do the best kites compare with the Fuel 17s for low end. What size (16 or 18 ) would be most comparable in Best to the 03 Fuel 17. I like getting out pretty early so would I lose this with Best. I have also heard the 04 Fuel's have lost a bit of low end.

How does the 16 or 18 Best nemi handle gusts. The 03 Fuel tends to send me down wind in a big gust. I guess any comparisons between the Fuels and the Nemi in the bigger sizes would be appreciated.

Dax
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby Dax » Thu Mar 25, 2004 4:37 pm

My only experience so far is with the Yarga 13.5, I have a Nemi 16m now but I haven't tried it yet (damn rain.)

I can tell you that the low end upwind performance on the 13.5m is outstanding. I can get upwind as early as my buddy on his 17m.

HAMMER
Rare Poster

Postby HAMMER » Thu Mar 25, 2004 5:11 pm

The Fuel is Mid Aspect and the Nemesis is High Aspect. They will have vey different flying characteristics.

HAMMER

sq225917
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1996
Local Beach: Cleethorpes, Hunstanton, Lytham
Gear: Eleveight and Flysurfer

Postby sq225917 » Thu Mar 25, 2004 9:01 pm

i havent ridden the 16 nemesis but i have owned the 17m 04 fuel and know it inside out.

from my experience of the 14m nemesis i would say the 16m nemesis would do you, in terms of low end pull with little worry, the nemesis is more forgiving in gusts, an area where the fuels werre much improved from previous years.

the nemesis is a much easier kite to push upwind, due to its aspect and foiling than the 17m fuel and both of them are superbly stable kites.

i always liked the convinience of the one pump system it makes a real difference in gloves weather.

the fuel and the nemesis handle very differently, the nemesis is faster across the window and goes further to the edge of the window, the fuel by contrast sits a little further back developing more power, but requires more leg to go upwind, so despite it not perhaps being as grunty i found the 14m nemesis to be superior upwind in lightwinds to the 15m fuel 04.

the kites jump differently, with the fule being very point and shoot, requiring little timing just balls, the nemesis by contrast requires more board speed to get the best out of it, but the changeover between the two kites took me only a day and the swap paid dividends.

both of them are simply excellent kites, you pay your money and take your choice.

No Idea
Frequent Poster

Postby No Idea » Thu Mar 25, 2004 9:16 pm

I have also heard the 04 Fuel's have lost a bit of low end.
G'Day

Not sure that this is entirely true. I have had 2003 and now 2004 Fuels and IMHO there is no real difference in bottom end. In fact, the bottom end is slightly better than last years model (I mainly fly the 13m)

Cheers :thumb:

Return to “Kitesurfing”