Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

hurgadha or sharm el sheikh

forum for kitesurfers

hurgadha or sharm el sheikh

Postby Guest » Thu Aug 14, 2003 12:58 pm

I'd like to go to kitesurfing to Egypt

Which one is better Sharm El Sheikh or Hurghada?

tnx

zozo

Toby
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Local Beach: Cumbuco, Brazil
Barra do Cauipe, Brazil
Style: Airstyle
Gear: Rebel 2015 18
Brand Affiliation: None.

Postby Toby » Thu Aug 14, 2003 1:23 pm

as far as I know there is a kiteban in Sharm.

anyone who knows exactly?

Otherwise go to Hurgada, check out the travel reports in the Travel section of kiteforum.com

Greets
Toby

EdDy_DiFfUsIvItY
Very Frequent Poster

Postby EdDy_DiFfUsIvItY » Thu Aug 14, 2003 2:06 pm

or even to sinai in general.

agio
Medium Poster
Kiting since: 2001
Favorite Beaches: Barra Grande, Jeri
Style: wave,freestyle,freeride
Gear: NK Evo 2011: 6 + 8m2; NK Fuse 2010: 12m2; NK Rhino 05: 16m2; Trax5 2010
prior kite: globerider sonic 2006, north rhino 2005, takoon waroo 2003, naish R3 2001
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby agio » Mon Aug 18, 2003 6:14 pm

some of my friends have been in sharm about 2 month ago and there was definatly a kite ban.

There was a cool beach with loads of windsurfers but kiteboarding not allowed. They have been told, that during a certain time, due to the tide :o there is place for kiteboarding too. I don´t know much more because we didn´t talk much about their horrible trip. In the end they have been wakeboarding.

kruzlifix
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Local Beach: Baleia, Ceara, Brazil
Style: wave and HF
Gear: AHC, Firewire, Levitaz, Moses, Cabrinha, Flysurfer
Brand Affiliation: None

sharm el sheik, Dahab end of sept. 2003

Postby kruzlifix » Mon Aug 18, 2003 9:04 pm

the most well known windsurfing spot on the sinai peninsula is dahab (one hour northeast of sharm el sheik). on this beach are many windsurfing stations. the main bay is quite small. kitesurfing is not allowed there because many windsurfers are afraid of kites and their long lines. when I am in dahab (half my family is windsurfing). one of my greatest kiting is in this bay just before breakfast until the first windsurfers appear at around 9 am....

upwind next to this bay is a lagoon where there is good kiting during high tide. downwind form the main windsurfing beach (west of the police station) one can also kite. one hour north of dahab by camel or 2 hours by jeep there is one of the worlds premiere kiting spots called Ras
Abu Gallum. one can stay there for a few days and sleep and eat with the local beduins. another exciting thing to do on the sinai peninsula is hook up with one of the local adventure companies and go for a few days on a few day kitesurfari.....
we will be in dahab from sept 27th till oct 10th.
may be there will be some more of us kiters and finally surfstations and other tourism hot shots will discover the importance kitesurfing in the surfing and tourism industry....
Andreas

Return to “Kitesurfing”