Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Why in 8m2 range one wants med AR kite than high AR?

forum for kitesurfers

markusf
Medium Poster

Why in 8m2 range one wants med AR kite than high AR?

Postby markusf » Thu Feb 26, 2004 3:10 pm

Since according to recent reviews of BEST kites and other kites like GXR 8m2 reviews it seems that these new high ar kites are said to be stable and so forth so is this pure BS or what are the qualities that people are looking for when deciding to go for med AR kites?

just wondering

:roll:

Dax
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 0
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby Dax » Thu Feb 26, 2004 4:45 pm

I think Dwight only uses the R4 in small sizes now and uses Vegas for big kites. So there are defintly those that believe in high AR in smaller sizes.

I think I am going to go with a 10m Nemesis for my high wind kite (since I already have a low AR Airush ATV 6.5m for my NUKING wind kite.) I like the idea of a good high AR 10m because I think it will cover a lot of range and have enough upper end to overlap with my 6.5m. 8m seems too small for a lot of the time and too big for some of the more brutal easterly days in the Gorge.

gumball told me that with the Best kites, he goes with a Yarga in the smaller sizes.

Might just be a matter of taste...

markusf
Medium Poster

Postby markusf » Thu Feb 26, 2004 6:33 pm

ok. Is there a big difference when handling the gusts?
Any suggestions on yarga and nemesis from the gust handling point of view?

Mosaic
Medium Poster
Kiting since: 0
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby Mosaic » Fri Feb 27, 2004 5:29 am

That will depend probably on your bar set-up. How much depower room do you have in the CL? If you don't leave much room for sheeting out, you will get yanked in the gusts with the smaller kites.

Return to “Kitesurfing”