Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Kiteboarder mag

forum for kitesurfers

Kiteboarder mag

Postby Guest » Tue May 25, 2004 8:38 am

I just saw the new issue of Kiteboarder magazine and cannot begin to describe how exciting it was. I was mainly interested in the peer poll results but found the pictures in the unhooked section and throughout the magazine. The Naish travel story in Barbados showed i think adam koch launching of a massive cliff. I've only had a quick look but can't wait to check out the whole mag properly after work.
I really found the magazine to be tasteful which i have found to be a problem with past issues. If this is a taste of things to come i can't wait.

P.S. I cannot believe those waves!!!

Fudge

Postby Fudge » Tue May 25, 2004 9:08 am

The magazine is pathetic. The problem is, if you want to read some of the great articles in it (eg wrap up of the Nationals, eg Darren Marshall's right-of-way article, eg Cora's stuff on elbow injuries) you've got to plough through the semi naked centrefolds, anal sex obsession, and fake wanna be attitude. The fake "attitude" is sad, pathetic... just fucked. It is genuinely offensive. By drawing attention to the problems with the mag's attitude (eg pointing it out to advertisers) you can help to drive the agenda away from anal sex, misogyny, fake skater boy attitude, and back to kitesurfing.

We don't need to go out of our way to piss off sponsors, Ben is doing a sensational job of this on his own. Without any reason, Ben dissed Oakley Waterjackets. Oakley are well known for advertising in surfing, windsurfing, and kitesurfing mags. They would be out of their minds to advertise in a mag which bagged the shit out of their main on-water seller. Ben's wannabe attitude has effectively blown years of Oakley advertising. And just for the record, other advertisers are a bit worried about being associated with the mag. I, for one, will try to avoid buying from companies which advertise in "Australian Kiteboarder." I'll be going out of my way to point it out to the advertisers as well.

bragnouff
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 99
Local Beach: New Brighton
Gear: Alkita boards
Zeeko foil
GK Trix
Enduro9
Brand Affiliation: GK enthusiast

Re: Kiteboarder mag

Postby bragnouff » Tue May 25, 2004 12:14 pm

First time I saw this mag, it looked awesome, really nice pictures, nice presentation, so it's really attractive when you run though it quickly for the first time. But once you bought it, and you start to read, that's when shit happens, the text is just crap, not even funny... It's quite hollow, nothing really interesting. At least in the last issue we learned everything about how to do a Beer Bong ;)
Lots of advertising inside as well, but that's part of the nice pictures at some point.

This is the same feeling that I had for this mag on every issue... Maybe it's the kind of feeling that you could feel when you discover that this bloody gorgeous chick that turns you nuts has got a big pair of balls in her nutsack... :o

ryansurf1
Very Frequent Poster

Re: Kiteboarder mag

Postby ryansurf1 » Tue May 25, 2004 2:10 pm

bragnouff wrote:This is the same feeling that I had for this mag on every issue... Maybe it's the kind of feeling that you could feel when you discover that this bloody gorgeous chick that turns you nuts has got a big pair of balls in her nutsack... :o
:o :oops: :cry: :x :o

Haven't seen the magazine, but had to stop buying Surfing magazines years ago. Seemed that they thought all surfers were between the age of 12 - 17. What do i give a shit about what somebody's favorite junkfood is?

hamish1
Medium Poster

Postby hamish1 » Tue May 25, 2004 6:45 pm

If you dont like it send it to me

Return to “Kitesurfing”