Conform, Best?

forum for kitesurfers

sf
Rare Poster
Kiting since: 0
Brand Affiliation: None

Conform, Best?

Postby sf » Tue Apr 20, 2004 3:21 pm

I'm sure this has been the topic of many topics here on the forum, but i thought i would just through it out and see what kinda response i get?

If BEST keeps having incidents and messing up orders, (freeairs situation, not recieving some necessary gear; please post other messed up orders), if anyone else hears of them then please post). It might mean that they should try and use the middleman and start trying to sell their shit in shops that would accept them. (HA, that would only happen if they jacked their prices up, beacuse no other companies would want to compete in kiteshops with merchandise for half of their costs.) And if shops wont except their stuff, due to lack of other companies wanting to be affiliated with BEST products on the shelf, then maybe BEST should just assume the average, or just a little below the average prices. They got the publicity they needed from selling gear at hella cheap prices, and now their starting to get publicity for F'in stuff up. They either need to fix their couple problems, or :!: conform :!: to the rest of the kiting industry. :?:

Lemme know what you all think about the situation??
_______
SF- local to SF and just throwing shit out

Jordanis3r
Frequent Poster

Postby Jordanis3r » Tue Apr 20, 2004 3:57 pm

why do they need to conform - one order messed up - and tbh i am pretty sure its sorted out by now anywayz ...

its the industry that needs to conform and have a shakeup - which I think it has to a certain degree

I went down to brighton / lancing on sat - too windy for my 16m nem , althought i did mention i got it free in from here in a certain kite shop in brighton , few scowls and then "ok m8 can we have a looksy?"

and they agreed the quality looks top notch - I think they were pleasantly surprised to say the least ...
I think there are a few shops selling best stuff - in US and AUS at the same prices - obv the dealers cannot pump up the prices ont eh best stuff - so why is every other brand over inflated for distribution?

EdDy_DiFfUsIvItY
Very Frequent Poster

Postby EdDy_DiFfUsIvItY » Tue Apr 20, 2004 4:04 pm

My word, if someone farts it gets a post in here ! :o

Jordanis3r
Frequent Poster

Postby Jordanis3r » Tue Apr 20, 2004 4:05 pm

pull my finger Ed :D

gaffer
Frequent Poster

Postby gaffer » Tue Apr 20, 2004 4:06 pm

fair do's to discuss customer service issues but bear in mind that for every bad thing you hear about BEST there are probably a hundred similar stories relating to problems with other brands,

I myself had a useless blacktip back in 2001 sat around for six months because cabrinha could not sort out thier bladder problems, it was a nightmare even getting in touch with them so I never even got as far as being in a position to know whether they were telling me porky pies. Similar stories were common place with problems from Naish and Wipika in thier early days too, (I also waited for months to get a deleminated Wipika replaced)

The point I'm trying to make is that all the big companies had teething trouble and got flammed pretty bad on this and other forums at the time so keep that in mind

From what I can gather there is only a handfull of unhappy people compared to many hundreds of happy customers we dont hear about. I know nothing about BEST kites but I'm getting tired of all the brand bashing that seems to be plagueing this forum lately

EdDy_DiFfUsIvItY
Very Frequent Poster

Postby EdDy_DiFfUsIvItY » Tue Apr 20, 2004 4:22 pm

Consider it Pulled Al. :lol:

I think that because Best had so many post up here, that everyone runs here to use the forum as a customer service tool of best.
Really they should go to the Best site for this.

can understand it tho, but its not quite right for the customer as they dont get seen as well as by direct contact....

robertovillate
Very Frequent Poster

Postby robertovillate » Tue Apr 20, 2004 4:56 pm

Give Best a break, I've had cabrinha orders come in not filled completely too. I know how agonizing it can be to go on a kite holiday without your new gear.

I know of many people who waited forever for Cabrinhas, Naish kites, Slingshot, etc etc. Shit happens. Everyone has problems somewhere along the way. I still love my Cabrinhas and would order them again. I am sure that all of these folks, including Best, are well intentioned, want you to get your kites on time and ride as much as possible.

It's not a perfect world, but a lot of people are trying. Better to chill a little, use your old kit if necessary, borrow someones kit if necessary...it's not the end of the world...you'll still have a great time. And I'm sure you'll be happy when you get your new toys...

:dontpanic:
Last edited by robertovillate on Tue Apr 20, 2004 4:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

oceanplay
Very Frequent Poster

Postby oceanplay » Tue Apr 20, 2004 4:57 pm

i had 2 bad kites from 2 big brands took months to sort and same with the stores i got them from, will not put name down for don't want to hirt them.
this is just a disgruntaled shop or brand that did the post is there a perfict company HELL NO

sq225917
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Gear: BEST TS, Best Nemesis HP, Kahoona and Roca.
Brand Affiliation: used to be BestKiteboarding.com

Postby sq225917 » Tue Apr 20, 2004 5:01 pm

We are doing out damndest to sort out any problems asap, thing like bolts missing from orders, straps going west from picking to delivery happens with every brand.

if best fail you in any way we need to hear about it, but at the end of the day the customer suport on the web site should be your first port of call, as you can whinge your ass off on here for days before we might pick it up, where as a straight call is a straight call.

we apologise for the few orders that have gone west and people waiting on split orders and the like, we are learning as we go along, and ask you to bear with us, best are genuinely trying to keep everyone as happy as possible.

what is really great is that someone like sf is here to make sure we don't forget anyones problems, it would be a great help if you could canvass the 1000 people that have purchased items from best and then forward a list of all of them that are still unsatisfied to me directly so i can chase them all up on your behalf. i'm sure it won't take you long to dig out the small percentage not yet happy with their order or given delivery date for out of stock items.

and once you've done that if you could start on every other kite flyer with an outstanding problem with their kit or supplier from all the other brands i'm sure that you would be doing everyone the greatest service.

a true consumer champion....
Last edited by sq225917 on Tue Apr 20, 2004 8:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jason_ssr
Frequent Poster

Postby jason_ssr » Tue Apr 20, 2004 5:24 pm

The company has just been under the microscope, thats all. They have only been in business 3 months! There WILL be some issues come up, until a consistant business flow is established. Those industry and shop folks will try to amplify those issues to benefit their product or business. The fact is, every business has these kinds of setbacks. Why should BEST be any different? Users should take their order problems to the BEST site and resolve it. BEST supports this forum and is candid about their business here, but that doesnt make this the place to get problems resolved. Some disappointed customers see this forum as a public way to call the company to action. They assume that being the squeeky wheel in public will get their problems atteneded to quicker, and I doubt that is the case. I am a Best customer (bought a board) and they were proactive with notifying me of any order issues.

Im sure the interest in this business is way bigger than anyone at BEST imagined. Im sure there are little things that will be tweaked to improve on an already great customer service foundation.

Return to “Kitesurfing”