Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

nemesis / yarga what to get ?

forum for kitesurfers

nemesis / yarga what to get ?

Postby Guest » Tue May 04, 2004 1:32 pm

I’m so confused :-? on what to get nemesis / yarga I ride x3 and will get a 21 nemesis but than I’m not sure what to get for the rest of the set.
It’s very choppy and waves 90% of the time and gusty winds here, the problem I have with the x3’s is that when you go to cut back hard to get over the wave the kite shoots to the edge of the window and than stalls
and you have no power to rip the next wave and I am constantly working the kite to shit, I’m sick of working it all the time, it's seam to be in the wrong spot with no power when i what to bust a move. it would be nice to park it and ride for once I can do it with the x3‘s if I‘m lit. So what would be a better kite for me I like wake stile no whip tricks but like to get some big air also . Any help would be great

sq225917
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Gear: 10 Nemi HP, 15m Flysurfer..
Brand Affiliation: none, formally BEST Marketing Director.

Postby sq225917 » Tue May 04, 2004 1:45 pm

both the nemesis and yarga kites can be easily stalled back into the edge of the window, for a short while by pulling the bar back a little. this is ideal for killing the speed of the kite and increasing pull if you are wave riding, as you can simply turn the power on and off according to your needs.

the nemesis take being stalled really well, you can just keep on oversheeting the thing forever without any complaint from the kite.

either of them will be great in the waves, but if you want the best hangtime and boost then go for the nemesis.

if you want a more detailed discussion drop me a line at simon@bestkiteboarding.com

Dax
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 0
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby Dax » Tue May 04, 2004 3:41 pm

Yarga needs less speed to be enjoyable, tons of low end that lets you grind it out in the heavy chop and waves. Nemesis is a speed demon that feels great when its not super choppy (or at least not so much that you can't go fast and still set a good edge.)

I think I'd prefer the Yarga for waves, but I am also growing addicted to the managability of the Nemesis. Very easy to kill the power, lighter bar pressure (not too light), awesome upwind. I rode the two back to back the other day and they both have their strengths and weaknesses. Great thing about Best kites is they are almost cheap enough to have both. :D

gumball
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 0
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby gumball » Tue May 04, 2004 5:30 pm

First of all, great choice on the 21m Nemesis. Instead of dreading 12 knot days, I actually now look forward to them because of this kite.

As for chop and waves, the Yarga would be a better choice as it's a little better in the chop and turns on a dime without losing power in the waves. In my opinion, the Yarga also jumps just as well as most HAR kites out there, but has the stability and turning speed of the mid-aspect that it is. Peter & Eric from EH really did an outstanding job with this kite, best of both worlds in my opinion...

I'm not sure what the remainder of your quiver looks like so it would be hard for me to suggest sizes, etc, but log into the customer support chat function on the site and a rep will answer any questions you have. As for me, I ride the Nemesis 14-21m and the yarga 5m-11m. Shannon only rides the Yargas and Jeff only rides the Nemesis, so to each his own...

Return to “Kitesurfing”