Any Skoop 2 tips?.....

forum for kitesurfers

Wetstuff
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 0
Brand Affiliation: None

Any Skoop 2 tips?.....

Postby Wetstuff » Fri Sep 17, 2004 10:27 pm

I got a 14.5 to overlap about everything else I have (?), and find it a bit unusual. I had to come back in and blow everything up to 6psi because it was flying like a wounded bird. Afterwards, it kept its shape better, but was still quite busy compared to my draft horse - R2-16.

The winds were 8-18kts in this two hour test and it seems this kite is better on the upper end, like my GK 14...again compared to the R2-16 which I love closer to the bottom.

I didn't get a lot of tip flare, etc but thought perhaps you, with more time on this kite, could share some tips on how to trim it...and then, what to expect from it.

Cheers.

Jim [/i]

Wawando
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 0
Brand Affiliation: None
Location: Portugal - Guincho; Rebel2012 5m, 9m & 2011 7m; Amundson 5'9&6'

Postby Wawando » Fri Sep 17, 2004 10:53 pm

Hi,
I had Sk2 11,5m and 17m last season. You must pay close attention to the bar position. Always very little pressure, but you must be always adjusting.
After riding R04 for a while i went back to it. COmpletely different and i could not take all the performance i did before.
Bottom line: You must get used to it. Remember: don't pull the bar too hard but always keep a little pressure. Ride it fast.
And, specially LOW THA PRESSURE TO ABOUT 4,5 PSI OR IT WILL BLOW!!!
Good luck!

Return to “Kitesurfing”