Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

takoon vegas rocker?

Forum for kitesurfers
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

takoon vegas rocker?

Postby Guest » Thu Sep 02, 2004 3:53 pm

the takoon website claims the 128x38 vegas to be a board for lightwind trickery.

it looks to me like it has too much rocker for a light wind board?

almost 4cm at the tips, is it all about a flat section between the footstraps?

how much rocker is a lot? how much rocker do other similar length boards have?

Peter_Frank
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: takoon vegas rocker?

Postby Peter_Frank » Thu Sep 02, 2004 6:03 pm

Anonymous wrote:the takoon website claims the 128x38 vegas to be a board for lightwind trickery.

it looks to me like it has too much rocker for a light wind board?

almost 4cm at the tips, is it all about a flat section between the footstraps?

how much rocker is a lot? how much rocker do other similar length boards have?
The 128 x 38 has some rocker yes - and is the perfect allround and waveboard for me (73kg).

The reason it is described as "lightwind trickery" will be because of its width...

There are two models that are slimmer - 128 x 35 and 138 x 36 !

These have extreme power potential, and the small one (Herve Bouré) has a little less rocker - but I prefer to have boards with good upwind capabilities - for waveriding as well as jumping - where the 128 x 38 just excels :thumb:

The 128 x 38 is THE perfect allround board for me - I rarely uses the 128 x 35 or 138 x 39 :roll:
Only in light or super changing conditions - the 138 x 39 is perfect, as it still feels like a very small and lively board, despite its lightwind performance :P

Return to “Kitesurfing”