Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

North 5th Line / Naish Shift System: Length to stopper ball?

forum for kitesurfers

Detlef
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Favorite Beaches: Cape Town, Cabarete, Cumbuco.
Gear: Kites: Best TS, Board: Best Armada

North 5th Line / Naish Shift System: Length to stopper ball?

Postby Detlef » Thu Nov 04, 2004 6:30 pm

Who has measured the length of the Red Shift Line (ca. 5 m) from bar to stopper ball?
Should be 4 m not enough, even for an X4-18?

More than two years ago I used a 5th line on my X2-16 and later on the R4-18 to turn the kite on the water. But only for the first times, then I saw I could flip the kite without it.

Now I want to upgrade my Naish-X2-Bar and my Scepter04-Bar with a 5th line as a safety system:
I will take the (Bungee-) Leash from one of the Front Lines to the new Red Shift Line und instead I will put a small grab handle to the Front Line as additional safety (North has already one).
Connected with the Leash the Red Shift Line (diameter 3mm / 4 – 5 m long) will go through a hole in the Micro Hook (North) or a ring at the QRTL (Naish) and through the bar. At the end will be the stopper ball and the connection to a 27 m flying line. The remaining distance to the pump leash at the kite will fit a kind of Nose Line (North) / Shift Extension Line (Naish).

I hope this will work and for my X4s it will be not necessary to have the Y in the Front Lines when the 5th line is not tightened.

Detlef
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Favorite Beaches: Cape Town, Cabarete, Cumbuco.
Gear: Kites: Best TS, Board: Best Armada

Postby Detlef » Mon Nov 08, 2004 4:45 pm

Is there nobody who can measure the

distance from bar to stopper ball,

either North 5th Line

or Naish Shift System???

macca
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 0
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby macca » Mon Nov 08, 2004 6:37 pm

do a search, am sure 3.5ms rings a bell, I have made a diy set up and thats what mine is about.

Return to “Kitesurfing”