Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

LEI's with 5th Elements

forum for kitesurfers

The_One_and_Only
Medium Poster

LEI's with 5th Elements

Postby The_One_and_Only » Thu Nov 11, 2004 11:48 am

Is it me or are LEI's starting to look like brided foils? Its just my observation. :bye:

Peter_Frank
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 0
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: LEI's with 5th Elements

Postby Peter_Frank » Thu Nov 11, 2004 8:06 pm

The_One_and_Only wrote:Is it me or are LEI's starting to look like brided foils? Its just my observation. :bye:
You are right - the tendency is to go towards something very "bridle similar" regarding LEI's.

But the huge difference is still - that you have inflation (meanin 100% relaunchability "forever"), and you still have the "U" or "C" shape that gives extremely good "rudder" control (turning speed), besides being quite good regarding hangtime in fact :P

You also have the advantage of a single skin, which is much simpler, and still performs :thumb:

KiteGlider
Very Frequent Poster

Postby KiteGlider » Thu Nov 11, 2004 10:14 pm

the WindWing SAFE system (in development?) looks very promising

The de-powered position of the "front tow points" have the same function as a 5th line?
Very clever use of pulleys to keep it 4 line.

the demo vids look impressive and appear to solve kite low lofting concerns in strong gusty launch stiuations.

Dax
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Dax » Fri Nov 12, 2004 1:50 am

The more I think about it, and the more I talk to riders I really respect, the whole 5th line thing I think will come down to preference and probably be best served on just the big kites.

The basic sentiment amongst most of the guys I talk to though, is things should be getting simpler, not more complicated.

Return to “Kitesurfing”