forum for kitesurfers

zambezz
Rare Poster
Kiting since: 0
Brand Affiliation: None

Cocoa Beach Florida

Postby zambezz » Sat Nov 20, 2004 1:08 am

Hi guys,

I might go for a short weekend trip from 25 Nov to 29Nov to Cocoa beach , I've looked on kitebeaches.com to get some info but I was wondering if there will be some locals riding there that I could meet up.

I started kiteboarding this summer so I still consider myself as a begginer since we didn't have much wind during summer in Quebec so didn't have the chance to ride much.

I read it is flat water on the river side, I thing that would be a better choice for me since I've never ride with waves...we don't get too much of that in Quebec :-)

Also I'd like to know how strong is the wind during this time of year, I only have a 12m North Toro and a 7.5m slingshot Torque (and it's not even set up very well).

Oh and maybe locals could refer me a cheap and decent place to stay.

Thanks

Stephanie :-)

RickI
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1998
Local Beach: SE Florida
Gear: Cabrinha
Brand Affiliation: Cabrinha

Postby RickI » Sat Nov 20, 2004 2:57 am

Hello Stephanie,

The wind will largely depend upon whether a good cold front comes through during your visit. We just had a STRONG couple bang through last week. I bet guys are still sore from 30 to 40 mph winds for days in some areas.

We are in a lull right now but normally the fronts come through 1 to 2 times a week.

More about riding in Cocoa appears at:

http://321kite.com/

phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=2299441

Hope you get some wind during your stay!

Return to “Kitesurfing”